Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIG SEVEN
I have a Big seven  1937 four  door saloon.  Reg;  EXY 437.  I have owned this car since 2011 but have all the history of it since 1976.  Can not find out anything before that date. Does anyone know of this car?  It started it's life (first registered) at PLATERS of 376-378 High Rd Streatham, LONDON.  Now way gone!  Have checked DVLA and Streatham news but all a blank!! Someone must know of this car?  Must say that is is not quite ready for the road.
The gear stick moves a heck of a lot across side to side , how can this be sorted?  I passed my test in  a 1931 box saloon, ( now 82 ) you would think by now i would have learnt something by now!!
My question to all you very knowledgeable people, can you throw any light on my This old timer(car and me)
  Thanks a lot
 New very interested member.
Arthur
I'm afraid I can't shed any light on your particular car, but welcome to the forum!
Have you tried contacting 'Austin Big Seven Spares' ?

Email: robin.e.taylor@talktalk.net

Phone: 01332 700629

Robin Taylor is based in Derby and also runs the 'Austin Big Seven Register' - send him an SAE for a list of available spares.
No problem Arthur.
Not owning a Big 7 myself, I've no idea which parts Robin Taylor actually stocks - however I'm sure other Big 7 owners will have enquired about rubber boot seals - so even if it turns out to be an item he doesn't hold in stock, hopefully he may be able to point you in the direction of a supplier that does.

If Robin can't help can I suggest you repost your enquiry on the 'Forum Chat' page of ASF as I don't believe all that many ASF members visit the 'Sales & Wants' pages regularly - which could be the reason you haven't had many responses.

Jeff.