The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In search of a rear hub tool
Someone used to sell these on Ebay, can't find them now, the lever type thing you bolt onto the brake drum that allows you to hold things steady when tightening up the hub nut.

Does anyone have their details or alternatively has anyone got one they no longer need?

I haven't the wherewithal to make one for myself.
Michael,

this is the original listing on eBay - you could contact the seller and see if he is still making them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-7-Seven...rmvSB=true

The one I bought from him is top quality.
(13-09-2017, 06:09 PM)Michael Wrote: Someone used to sell these on Ebay, can't find them now, the lever type thing you bolt onto the brake drum that allows you to hold things steady when tightening up the hub nut.

Does anyone have their details or alternatively has anyone got one they no longer need?

I haven't the wherewithal to make one for myself.

As Ruairidh said they are an excellent tool and I bought mine only a couple of months ago and already it's paid for itself by nicely locking the hub without stress or damage.
He's currently got other items for sale on ebay so you can send him a message this is the link to one of the books he is selling.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-Seven-C...SwuTxV9Caj

Dave in dry clear sky Cumbria
If they are no longer available in the UK a friend had some laser cut here, he may still have a few left and posts here occasionally, I can ask.
Black Art Enthusiast
Michael,

This is the email address of the guy who was manufacturing and selling them on eBay: paul@vintagengineer.com

(13-09-2017, 08:39 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: If they are no longer available in the UK a friend had some laser cut here, he may still have a few left and posts here occasionally, I can ask.

If you struggle to get one in the UK I do still have a few left here in NZ

(13-09-2017, 09:24 PM)Marcus Ling Wrote:
(13-09-2017, 08:39 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: If they are no longer available in the UK a friend had some laser cut here, he may still have a few left and posts here occasionally, I can ask.

If you struggle to get one in the UK I do still have a few left here in NZ

We also produce locally 3 other A7 spanners

A Is for the half shaft nut designed to be kept in the car in case of roadside emergencies as it takes up no room

B is for the rear hub bearing nut designed to to save wear and tear on your cold chisel

C is a copy of an original Austin tool and fits the brass nut on the top of the steering boax as well as the bearing collar nut on the torque tube, the octagonal end fits the alloy front hub caps
Thanks all, got one! Next project starting shortly!
(14-09-2017, 10:33 AM)Michael Wrote: Thanks all, got one! Next project starting shortly!

Where from?
(25-09-2017, 11:20 PM)Dennis Nicholas Wrote:
(14-09-2017, 10:33 AM)Michael Wrote: Thanks all, got one! Next project starting shortly!

Where from?

From this Ebay seller that the others recommended:

Sold by famuel1 ( 1910 )
Willie McKenzie  supplies a tool for this as well.