The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Morgan - RIP
Very sad to hear the news, a great loss to so many people. 

David approached every task, whether a restoration or a literary work with great integrity and thoroughness. He leaves a legacy of well-researched books and impeccably restored cars but most of all I will remember him for his warmth and humour.

He told me he enjoyed the world of Austin Sevens "because owners, perhaps uniquely, care deeply about their cars but don't take themselves too seriously".

Peter.
I have received the following from David's son, Jeremy:

David’s funeral will be on Tuesday 26th February, 12.30pm at Harwood Crematoriam, Knebworth, Herts.

There will be a wake afterwards on which we are just finalising arrangements and will be in touch with full details once all is confirmed.

In the meantime, just to say that we would love any of Dad’s friends in the vintage / classic motor worlds to bring along their cars if practical for them, in order to wave goodbye to dad!!

We are arranging suitable parking for such motors at both the Crematoria and the wake, and will be in touch about this. Depending on feasibility, a procession, or simply arriving individually may be best.

I appreciate that weather conditions and the motors themselves will of course need to be considered – so it would very much be optional.

We will be in touch very soon with further details – and thank you everyone for your kind words about dad – I know he really valued your friendship.

Jeremy will let me have further info about the vintage/classic car arrangements and I will put the detail on the Forum as soon as possible.
Further info from his family concerning David's funeral. It is to be hoped that as many as possible will attend - with their 7s etc.

Dear All

Thank you all for your kind words, cards, emails and phone calls, we will all miss David greatly.

The family has taken great comfort in receiving such an outpouring of condolences, David touched the lives of many and we hope you can join us when we celebrate David’s life and
give him a wonderful send off.

The funeral arrangements are as follows:
Service to be held:
Tuesday 26th February at 12.30pm
Harwood Park Crematorium, Knebworth

We hope you will be able to join us afterwards at:
The White Horse Public House, 
1 White Horse Lane, Burnham Green, 
Herts, AL6 0HA

As you all will know, David was a car enthusiast, and as a fitting farewell, some of his classic and vintage car motoring friends will be driving to the Crematorium and The White Horse in their “special cars”.

We would like to encourage these cars to be parked as a group at both venues if possible, in particular at The White Horse, the front car park is reserved for such vehicles, and has the capacity for approximately 10 cars. There is plenty of alternative parking to the rear of the pub and if necessary around the surrounding green, so here’s hoping this request will not cause any problems.

Family flowers via Austin Funeral Directors at Welwyn Garden City: 01707 390018

We have chosen two charities that are particularly relevant to David, if anyone would like to make donations in David’s memory, the Justgiving page details are as follows:
Isabel Hospice
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/rebecca-edmonds4
Pancreatic Cancer Trust Fund
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/rebecca-edmonds3

With best wishes
Christine, Rebecca and Jeremy.
On Tuesday we bade farewell to David Morgan - and what a send off he got. Many, many friends turned out in force, such that there was standing room only inside and outside the chapel and lots of us could not get in. It didn't matter in the slightest. Of course there were tears but the overwhelming sentiment was of joy at having known David. It's rare to hear such universal praise and liking for a person. Maybe what we all thought of him was in part down to what was said of the man in the address: 'He held others in esteem but was himself modest'.

Lots of people came in proper motor cars. And David's well known blue Lotus X1 accompanied the cortege.  Pics below ( I would never normally take pics at a funeral but this one was special).

.jpg   7.jpg (Size: 120.23 KB / Downloads: 76)

.jpg   1.jpg (Size: 134.38 KB / Downloads: 76)

.jpg   2.jpg (Size: 209.82 KB / Downloads: 77)

.jpg   3.jpg (Size: 304.76 KB / Downloads: 79)

.jpg   4.jpg (Size: 251.46 KB / Downloads: 76)

.jpg   5.jpg (Size: 228.03 KB / Downloads: 76)

.jpg   6.jpg (Size: 83.36 KB / Downloads: 77)