The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trial post of photos
Tra la, haven't looked read the instructions, just giving it a go...

.jpg   IMG_8944.JPG (Size: 176.71 KB / Downloads: 257)

It works, even for one as far from being a digital native as I.

Many thanks all.

That seems easy. Great stuff. 

Steve
Just testing!
That's the avatar bit sorted. Just need to figure out how to post a photo...

[Image: 35962843132_cd6d112bb8_k.jpg]

I think I've sorted it!

This is the van of the French version of Mr O'Reilly from Fawlty Towers:

[Image: WP_20170730_14_19_50_Pro.jpg]

Et voilà!!! Perfick.
checking from my PC

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1931 RN, 1933 APD
I'll try this image from le Puy Notre-Dame/Users/dunzinc/Desktop/P1040706 2.JPG
[attachment=38]Just trying this out
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
That missed, no I can't figure this bit out...
[img]file:///var/folders/_c/_fwcywb53tx1wdr58rkrdd9r0000gn/T/P1040723.JPG[/img]
(08-08-2017, 04:22 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: That missed, no I can't figure this bit out...

The address of the link should commence with http/   and finish in .jpg   - looks like there's a bit missing
(08-08-2017, 04:22 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: That missed, no I can't figure this bit out...

I got that when I first tried. It's not the little icons above when one types. It's the "new attachment" at the bottom of the page. 

Roly
1931 RN, 1933 APD

I think the problem is you are trying to put an image from your computer directly into the post without using the 'Attachments' box below where you type (you have to click the black 'New Reply' box, or one of the reply boxes on someones post if you want to include their full post in your reply, to get this. It doesn't appear on the quick reply box in the thread, which is as it says just for quick replies.).

Once you have got to the reply screen below the typing box there is a blue header that says attachments. Next to where it says new attachment click 'choose file' then select the picture you want and click open. Now click the 'Add Attachment' button to the right hand side of the attachment box. It will take a moment to upload, once done the page will refresh and it will appear in the attachments box. then all you need to do is click 'insert into post' (Again on the right hand side of the attachments box next to the file name in question). This will insert square brackets with attachment=number in your reply box.
Make sure this is on a separate line to your typing or you will get a stray bit of text to the bottom left of the picture.

More difficult to explain than to do. Good luck.

Roly beat me to it.

Ruairidh, just a note on your rotated portrait pictures that have rotated google 'exif orientation' and you should discover the menace that is causing the woes. Put simply many digital cameras will add data to JPEG files to tell devices the orientation in which to display them. Unfortunately it seems to do more harm than good. I found if I opened the file in paint and clicked 'save as', to created a new file (this fresh file has no exif data), then the photo will post in the orientation I have chosen. Unfortunately I have no idea how this could be achieved uploading direct from an Iphone as I am not familiar with them. 

A couple of results from googling MyBB Picture/attachment rotation.
This website is a MyBB support forum and the OP is asking for an integrated solution. As I am not familiar with the backroom workings I have no idea if this will be of any help.
Link

There is another which claims to be a plugin to solve the problem, which can be added to the forum. Again though I am not familiar with the workings and cannot verify the validity or security/safety of this solution.
Link

All the best and hats of the the admin team.