The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RK window thumbscrew
Hi All

Could any kind person let me know what the shape and size of the thumbscrew that holds open the front window on the RK is?

I currently use a modern flat version (see below) but I'm not sure this is correct and think it should be a round knurled knob.  I know it is 1/4 whit but what size is the round knurled section?

Howard

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mine is the same as an Opal/2/4 seater but it’s 600 miles away at the moment so I can’t photograph it just now. However knurled and round they are.Sorry.
Here you go  Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Forgot to mention, the thumbscrew is 7/8" diameter.
(23-01-2019, 11:11 AM)Ian Dunford Wrote: Mine is the same as an Opal/2/4 seater but it’s 600 miles away at the moment so I can’t photograph it just now. However knurled and round they are.Sorry.

But without the shoulder on my 4 seat ORT
Thanks all

Super info. 

Both look as though they are (or have been) nickel plated?  I'll probably have a go at turning some stainless rather than go to the trouble of plating

Thanks again

Howard
I think that I have a pair of original that I purchased on eBay with some other windscreen parts of you are interested. I’ll have a look in the garage.

On my saloon, the originals are steel and so the plate had rusted off, but were originally nickel plated (1929 RK Saloon)

Peter