The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin RK rear number plate bracket
Hi All
I wonder if anyone has a picture of the correct bracket for a rear number plate and light for my RK saloon?
Just need an idea of what it should look like and the correct mountings as mine is missing .
Many thanks 
Walter
one on 'ere! https://sevenrk.wordpress.com/2018/09/30...t-preston/
Walter - what year is your Saloon?
Over the years I have owned three RK saloons, all had the original lamp bracket, and none were like the illustraion in Jon's link!
ha! I'll have words with the owner. Interesting, as he specifically pointed a few bits out, and has owned it for over 50 years and was it very original then...
(I'll add whatever comes up on this thread...)
Hi

Plenty of examples on Austin Seven Nuts Flikr feed 

Here is my RK with a Willie MacKenzie (Austin Seven Repro) bar

Cheers Howard

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

FWIW - the ones I have seen are identical to Howard’s.

I currently have one off a car and can photograph it, if that is of interest?
ok, well it's worth posting the suspect photo properly here so we can see if other examples of this crop up too or if it can be discounted as a replacement pre-1965. Easier to go with the safer, simpler plate anyway.     
I know this is later, but has anyone got a decent shot of this 1931 pub? It looks curved here.    

This is a photo of my late '28 R type number plate. This is original to the car and similar to Howard's, but with shorter brackets, the lights being very close to the plate. As this car was being produced alongside the RK, it is reasonable to assume they would have used similar bracketry. However, knowing how the AMC chopped and changed during model builds, I'm sure there would have been variations during the production life of the RK model.
(22-01-2019, 10:29 AM)Chris Garner Wrote: This is a photo of my late '28 R type number plate. This is original to the car and similar to Howard's, but with shorter brackets, the lights being very close to the plate. As this car was being produced alongside the RK, it is reasonable to assume they would have used similar bracketry. However, knowing how the AMC chopped and changed during model builds, I'm sure there would have been variations during the production life of the RK model.
Not seen this style before, must be unique.The number plate pressing does not follow the usual shape
either, would venture to say been replaced many years ago with spurious parts prior to your ownership Chris.