The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DO YOU RECOGNISE THIS CAR
Can you check out the casting number on the steering box?  (Thinking about Cup model origins..)
Sorry Guy's for my ignorance, but how do you know its derived from a G E cup and not a Chummy?
If it is, does it make it more desirable?
Paul
It has more than one Gordon England feature. And next to no specifically Chummy features. Nor any specifically van or saloon features either.  Balance of probabilities.

Though I have to say that the additional pictures do not neccassarily confirm anything in my eyes at least. There were features I hoped to see, but couldnt.
Well, I'd have said (mostly from reading Ruaridh's GordonEnglandRegister.wordpress.com site including Hedd's pictures) battery chassis connection, aftermarket holes on the front body mounts + the new weld for the rear metalwork strut being where the wooden rear body mount and battery box was once bolted? You can just about see one of the two holes for the chassis plate behind the battery...
Hi Damiam
The steering box is stamped with the following C46/2.
The / may well be a  1
Hope tis makes sense.
Paul.