The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DO YOU RECOGNISE THIS CAR
Oh that is a very pretty little special, I definitely would not say no to having that in the collection !!

Looks like an early low compression head with the brass plugs, please post some more pictures + of the interior

Aye
Greig
Looking at the pictures on a larger screen I can see that the font wings and stays are from a GE Cup.
(13-01-2019, 07:26 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Can you tell me what size jets you have in that downdraft carb?

which C. number is yours, assuming its a 26VME? there are three...
Can someone please help Paul establish the provenance of this lovely looking, very sporting and rather low centre of gravity car, making sure that it is genuinely pre-1930, and at least a special if not a low volume manufactured car. Not that I'm worried that without such convincing history that it will be condemned to Champagne Class in the Autosolos, along with us Rubies, good lord no.
Steve, I don't think you need worry about its VSCC classification: with documentation showing a 47xxx chassis number according to the Association Chassis Register I'm sure Paul will have no difficulty in getting the VSCC to accept its 1927 dating.
Paul, have you found any evidence to suggest that the body was fabric covered in prehistoric times? Also, a side view without the tonneau cover would be helpful, if you have one.

Regards,
Stuart
I would like to see the ends of the chassis cross members, the rear passenger side cross member and the body mounting brackets either side of the gearbox please.
It actually looks a lot like the prewar pictures of a car I have. I’ve often wondered if mine was an early Williams creation.
Alan Fairless
Shocked 
Hi Guy's
Thanks for all your kind replies.
I will post more pictures of the interior tomorrow, all interior trim has been removed so you will see it raw.
I will also remove the tonneu cover to give a better side profile.

Ruairidh you are correct the carb is a Zenith 26 VME not sure of jet size but will check out any numbers, will also take pictures as requested, the floor is removed so nice and easy to take. 

I purchased the vehicle last September and have only just stated to recommission, the vehicle had not been used for many years.
Generally in good condition I am just finishing the rewire, just new battery and starter wires to fit. My main concern is getting a good seating position, the present seat (simple bench) sits to high and lacks authenticity-any ideas gladly received.
As far as history is concerned it shows on various registers and I have documents relating to the last four owners, the last being a Mr Laska in the early eighty's .The story goes that it was found in a poor state in a east end lock up ! Difficult to find out any real facts original London registration details no longer exist.
Hope this makes sense, still getting over the shock of paying £7.80 for a glass of red wine at lunchtime!  [Image: shocked.png]
Hi,
My Dad had a chummy with a back end like your car in the early sixties,
I have a slide photo of it somewhere and its petrol ration book.
I will have to try and find it.