The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the Forum members shivering in the Northern Hemisphere.
Dug this up from the "Archives" and  thought it may warm you up.  Date - August 1972. Location  - State Savings Bank HQ in Melbourne's CBD.  Austin Seven display to commemorate  50 years.  The girl -17 yo Michelle Stark.  Oh, and the car (did you notice the car?) - 1925 of yours truly.

Enjoy.   Cheers,  Bill in Oz.

Phwoar! Nice car!!!
Lovely boots with plenty of tread well at least on the car.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Climbing into an Ulster might be tricky!

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
Not being rude to the young lady in the picture but I bet the the car has worn better over the years since 1972 when the picture was taken than the girl.

John Mason
Greetings, female Austin 7 owner forum-researchers, from all at Austinsevenmalefriends.com

(I guess Austin 7s are fairly similar to old blokes. A little incontinent - nothing worth losing sleep about - but fairly frugal)
(09-01-2019, 09:09 AM)Bill Sheehan Wrote: Dug this up from the "Archives" and  thought it may warm you up.  Date - August 1972. Location  - State Savings Bank HQ in Melbourne's CBD.  Austin Seven display to commemorate  50 years.  The girl -17 yo Michelle Stark.  Oh, and the car (did you notice the car?) - 1925 of yours truly.

Enjoy.   Cheers,  Bill in Oz.

(09-01-2019, 10:57 PM)JonE Wrote: Greetings, female Austin 7 owner forum-researchers, from all at Austinsevenmalefriends.com

(I guess Austin 7s are fairly similar to old blokes. A little incontinent - nothing worth losing sleep about - but fairly frugal)

007 — original Bond girl?
JonE's comments has made me think about my previous entry on this thread. I apologise to any ladies who have read it having looked at myself I realise that I too have not weather as good as my Austin Ruby over the years. The girl in the photo is most likely now a wonderful mother and grandmother who is worshiped by them. Do we know what became of Miss M Stark ?

John Mason

John Mason
(10-01-2019, 03:10 PM)John Mason Wrote: JonE's comments has made me think about my previous entry on this thread. I apologise to any ladies who have read it having looked at myself I realise that I too have not weather as good as my Austin Ruby over the years. The girl in the photo is most likely now a wonderful mother and grandmother who is worshiped by them. Do we know what became of Miss M Stark ?

John Mason

John Mason

John M - Often wondered myself, but would be difficult to find out nowadays.  Incidentally, the photo filled the front cover of the Bank's monthly magazine and the caption on the next page  said - "unlike the car, she wasn't reconditioned - she's a 1955 model with graceful lines, a long chassis, and all original parts".  I suppose the usual loonies would claim you're not allowed to say that these days.  Cheers,  Bill in Oz
(10-01-2019, 11:53 PM)Bill Sheehan Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 03:10 PM)John Mason Wrote: JonE's comments has made me think about my previous entry on this thread. I apologise to any ladies who have read it having looked at myself I realise that I too have not weather as good as my Austin Ruby over the years. The girl in the photo is most likely now a wonderful mother and grandmother who is worshiped by them. Do we know what became of Miss M Stark ?

John Mason

John Mason

John M - Often wondered myself, but would be difficult to find out nowadays.  Incidentally, the photo filled the front cover of the Bank's monthly magazine and the caption on the next page  said - "unlike the car, she wasn't reconditioned - she's a 1955 model with graceful lines, a long chassis, and all original parts".  I suppose the usual loonies would claim you're not allowed to say that these days.  Cheers,  Bill in Oz

There are a few Michelle Starks on Facebook but she probably has a married name now.

I suspect the caption would be a little different now !  

Tony.