The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not seen one like this before...
Advertised in Excess of £7K

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1078325
It is evident from this picture that the windscreen is completely different from the Dexion Special. I believe they are different cars, although similar at first glance.
(08-01-2019, 05:39 PM)stuartu Wrote: Many (? 50 ?) years ago Neville Barr (former PWA7C chairman) owned a special much like this, which he referred to as the "Dexion Special". I only saw it once at the back of Neville's garage and it was not easily viewed so I'm not positive it's the same machine; but it does look very familiar. It was a light blue at the time, as was this car in the past according to the vendor.

Regards,
Stuart

Part pictures from this years PWA7C calendar,Neville with the dexion special ? Photos dated 1966 at the Austin works and Switzerland on the club holiday.
The windscreen pillars are certainly different.Has anyone asked Neville what happened to it ?        
The registration GW 8012 is now on a 2022 4 litre Silver Porsche.
Was it named after a famous shelving system? I wonder if supplementary parts out of sight to hold on body panels are made from the grown-up Mecano?
Now looks to be for sale by auction having had aero screens fitted and a green repaint, £9000 to £11000 guide price.

https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1443006
Well it hasn’t suddenly had chrome wires fitted….
Good evening everyone,
Whilst having a little time with not too much to do, I've done a bit of detective work to try to establish a little of the car's past.
According to the A7CA chassis register, the original registration number as shown on the photos with Neville Barr flashes up as chassis number 149251, engine number 238999 registered 18.2.1932 albeit as an "old entry." The car is listed as blue.
According to the advert, the chassis number is 149251 which suggests to me at least that this probably IS the car owned by Neville back in the day as some people on here seemed to think was likely.
Hope that helps a little to clear up the mystery?
Best wishes,
Nick
There is a short article in this months PWA7C mag about the car,written by Jim Blacklock.
I think it's advertised on eBay?at present at £15k,shame it lost the A30 grille I thought it suited the car but at least it has survived.
Going back to the club holiday photos I posted earlier it's worrying how generally the owners age of the seven has risen over the decades.
Getting older is certainly worse than the alternative...