The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not seen one like this before...
(08-01-2019, 05:39 PM)stuartu Wrote: Many (? 50 ?) years ago Neville Barr (former PWA7C chairman) owned a special much like this, which he referred to as the "Dexion Special". I only saw it once at the back of Neville's garage and it was not easily viewed so I'm not positive it's the same machine; but it does look very familiar. It was a light blue at the time, as was this car in the past according to the vendor.

Regards,
Stuart

It does look like I think I remember Neville's car, Stuart, but like you, it's a long time ago. The description says the current owner believes the car was used for touring in Europe and that would fit. I'm sure there was a photograph of it in the PWA7C Magazine in the not too distant past but heaven knows which one. I've many years worth of back numbers but that's a lot of magazines to look through Sad

Steve
(08-01-2019, 05:39 PM)stuartu Wrote: Many (? 50 ?) years ago Neville Barr (former PWA7C chairman) owned a special much like this, which he referred to as the "Dexion Special". I only saw it once at the back of Neville's garage and it was not easily viewed so I'm not positive it's the same machine; but it does look very familiar. It was a light blue at the time, as was this car in the past according to the vendor.

Regards,
Stuart
Look like Frogeye Sprite or TR lamp pods, but it looks a good effort to me
I, too, was struck by the similarity to the Dexion Special, but it is not that car. The Dexion had an A35 radiator grille and was rather different at the rear, too.

Edit: Actually, there are distinct similarities; I suppose fifty years later it could well be the same car:

.jpg   Dexion 01.jpg (Size: 47.45 KB / Downloads: 678)    
.jpg   Dexion 02.jpg (Size: 41.73 KB / Downloads: 676)
what is the estate at the campsite? Abbott? odd that it has solid rear section windows...
Yes Mike, now you've reminded me, the Dexion Special did have an A35 grill so not the same car. Similar in concept though.

Steve
(08-01-2019, 07:36 PM)JonE Wrote: what is the estate at the campsite? Abbott? odd that it has solid rear section windows...

Probably a Ford Taunus 17M

.jpg   s-l300 (1).jpg (Size: 16.35 KB / Downloads: 638)
I remember seeing the Dexion in Neville’s garage, too. I just wonder about this car. An ally body to this standard would be quite an undertaking for a 7 special. It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s the same car. I just hope it doesn’t end up an Ulster rep.
Alan Fairless
(08-01-2019, 08:24 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote:
(08-01-2019, 07:36 PM)JonE Wrote: what is the estate at the campsite? Abbott? odd that it has solid rear section windows...

Could be Danish, a tax special, classed as commercial, but trimmed as a passenger car
Id say an A35 grill would be an excellent fit in this cars grill aperture......
(08-01-2019, 11:37 PM)David.H Wrote:
(08-01-2019, 08:24 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote:

Could be Danish, a tax special, classed as commercial, but trimmed as a passenger car

all sorts possible it seems...! https://www.amazon.com/Taunus-Turnier-Co...B00WNYYTBC