The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Groaner's Corner
Not being familiar with the torque tube and its innards is there any way you can manufacture something that will screw onto the threaded end of the pinion with a centre that can bear on the end of the shaft so you can bonk it without damaging the threads?

I remember your advice a few years ago about if it works leave it alone!
So... What could be better than talc and bleeding knuckles on a freezing driveway? Getting a mate with a garage and fancy tyre fitting machinery to put a tube in and drop it off on his way past?

No... Sadly the work experience lad who did it doesn't realise that a tyre should be circular and concentric about the centre. I guess I should be happy they decided not to try too hard to knock the chromed centre out to balance it? 1/4 mile up the road and I thought I would be sick. The o/s wing wobbled like it wanted to get off and walk too. It's obvious when you stand back and look as the bead shows one side and you can bearly read the tyre size the other... 

You just can't find the staff these days!
Getting old tyres off or stiff old ones on is the major battle; once on should be able to sort. Hopefully the tube is not pinched.

If the type smaller than hub centre, there is little risk of anyone removing the stainless centre. If they ever do find out the technique!
I was in our local hostelry with the Mem'Sahib today when one of the local "Sans Dents" wanted to know what I thought of Brexit. My reply to him was "Why should I care, I'm French. What happens in Paris, Marseille or Lyon has bugger all effect on life down here so why should I give a toss about what's happening over the Channel?"

The only thing that affects me (and it's very selfish I must admit) is the Pound/Euro exchange rate, but that's only because my pension is paid in Sterling and if the pound drops I lose out (and have done considerably since 2008 so nothing's new).

I shall try and concentrate on things I can control and forget about things I can't. Another Pastis please, Patron. Santé.