The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Groaner's Corner
Get if off your chest!

Only genuine moans allowed. No swearing. Keep it clean. Keep it short.

Your gripe will be listened to (well, read anyway) but don't expect anyone to actually give a fig.

For example...

As you most know I live in the south of France. Most of the time life is great, but I have to admit that at this time of the year the winter sun is a real pain in the "fesses" as the skies are generally clear but the sun is much lower on the horizon than in the summer so it's always in your eyes when driving, either in your face, the side window or the rear view mirror...  Dodgy

Over to you.
Reckless please don't be offended as it not a serious thing but at this moment living in North Nottinghamshire UK in cold wet conditions my heart bleeds for you in you low sunshine. There got it off my chest and I feel much better. O sorry read it again this is not really a serious moan. Apologies but then know body care a fig.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
No worries. I lived in Sheffield for 45 years so I know how wonderful the weather is "oop north". Everything is relative.
Just goes to show l'herbe is always plus verte, n'est-ce pas?

Can I just add a whinge about Loctite? I'm trying to get the end screws out of my crankcase oilway drillings to give 'em a good poke through but the last chap who had 'em out presumably put them back in with ruddy Loctite because they will not budge (ils ne bougerent pas...) I've just had it in the oven for 40 mins while the other half is out at body busters and have a ring spanner around my screwdriver. Yes I know it says so in Woodrow but give future owners a sporting chance please!
I have a 1931 long nose torque tube assembly complete with pinion, bearings etc. Someone in the past has fitted the LH thread ring with Loctite and the only way I can get it to move at all is to heat the the thing with the Oxy/Acetylene torch!! Even then, as soon as it starts to cool it seizes solid again. I've moved the thing about half a turn so far and now put it on one side for another day. I know Woodrow says this is the way but, perhaps, the odd dab, not a complete bottle full!

Steve
(07-01-2019, 08:51 PM)Chris KC Wrote: Just goes to show l'herbe is always plus verte, n'est-ce pas?

Can I just add a whinge about Loctite? I'm trying to get the end screws out of my crankcase oilway drillings to give 'em a good poke through but the last chap who had 'em out presumably put them back in with ruddy Loctite because they will not budge (ils ne bougerent pas...) I've just had it in the oven for 40 mins while the other half is out at body busters and have a ring spanner around my screwdriver. Yes I know it says so in Woodrow but give future owners a sporting chance please!
HI Chris,
You will need at least 230c and localized, if you have a high temp soldering iron apply directly on to head of screw
Steve,
You need a Baldrick. I bought the wife a perfectly serviceable cement mixer for her birthday, but will she use it?
Not forgetting that there are different flavours of Loctite, some of which are intended for later disassembly and others not.
Oooo nasty one steve,

I've also got that problem, but how do you tell if it's left or right hand thread. As they done both.

Mine won't budge either way, tried heat Angry

Tony.
Yes to all above, I discussed this with Loctite technical team once and heat + brute force is the only way.

Depends very much what grade was used (please keep this in mind when using it yourself...) but as Colin says the more serious grades won't budge below about 250C. Which is all very well but many parts won't survive that temperature especially if applied locally.