The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steel number plates
Hi all

I have decided to replace my rusty number plates and purchased a replacement from a cherished supplier. The replacement does not match my current plates as the indentation on the edge is not as deep and is not flush with the back.

Who is currently doing the best replacement number plates

Thanks

David
Hi David
I have seen a hundred different types of plates on sevens.
When I was looking to replace my 70s replacements it quickly became obvious that there were both yearly differences across 17 years of A7 build and sometimes subtle regional differences to plate manufacturers processes and so style details.
There were also differences in font styles, which appeared less affected by regional differences and more by yearly standards. This was seen across both early painted versions and later cast and  pressed versions.

So, the answer to your question is probably that it depends on the year and place where the plates were made.

The final question of course is whether or not your current ones, which you are trying to match, are originals themselves
If they are, then perhaps refurbishment is the answer to true originality.

Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!