The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death of another Ruby
Is a special better or worse than a over restored car 
I've seen more over restored cars than I have specials?
And should you pull a special to bits if you can't build one yourself any better ?
Don't want to upset anybody just asking a question ??
Another thought are people making standard cars go up in value!!
By striping down incomplete cars and selling as parts and keeping other cars on the road?
My problem I ask questions that other people don't like?
Like have you got that for an investment or for fun?
not just Rubys... chassis, body and parts being sold separately all at the same time. Is the body really that bad?
Wonder how much the combined selling total will be...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-7-Chas...2799991625?
The chassis is claimed to be 145400 which is on the register as RN saloon VE 6649, formerly Scottish A7 Club and A7 Owners Club, whilst the radiator he's selling has registration plate JH 923 which does not appear on the register. It looks from the new body repair sections that he's selling, that someone has decided the rebuild is just too much to cope with.
(24-01-2019, 12:28 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: The chassis is claimed to be 145400 which is on the register as RN saloon VE 6649, formerly Scottish A7 Club and A7 Owners Club, whilst the radiator he's selling has registration plate JH 923 which does not appear on the register. It looks from the new body repair sections that he's selling, that someone has decided the rebuild is just too much to cope with.

If it is indeed VE 6649,  then it's showing up on DVLA as being taxed until 1st May 2019.
I notice he has another chassis propped on the wall.

For info the body seems to be an RP from what I can see. So is probably the steering column. I guess as are the repair panels

The chassis does look RN.

So rather than a car broken recently, it actually it looks to me to be a collection of saloon spares of two different types.
Sorry - should have looked more carefully. (Ah well, all publicity is good publicity! Bid on with clean consciences!)