The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ulster colours
I really like the black and red. That said, I have never seen one in the brochure color of yellow/cream with green wings. Not a popular color combination in the modern sense, but I think indicative of the period.

Erich in Seattle
Here you are. An original car owned by a friend to some of us on here.

.jpg   Dallas 1.jpg (Size: 289.77 KB / Downloads: 275)

Steve
so out of interest, is that green historically accurate from evidence on the car, presuming it's not still the original paint?
As jonE asks above, this is why I sed perhaps the red would have to be close to original?

Being a Norwich City fan ive already suggested the yellow and green Big Grin it was quickly shot down by tracy being a leicester city supporter Sad

Our orange chummy was well received in Dundee though Big Grin well by half of them?

Never mind. Tony.
(25-12-2018, 09:36 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: As jonE asks above, this is why I sed perhaps the red would have to be close to original?

Who cares, Tony? Given that the ledgers include Red & Black and Maroon & Black, and Cream & Green and Yellow & Green, you really could have any colour (and shade) you wanted.
Thank you Steve. I really do like that color combination.

Erich in Seattle
You might want to have a read of https://aus7in.wordpress.com/2018/10/01/...red-paint/ with respect of the 1932 colour cards. i.e. have a look at the Mitcham red which I think became Cherry Red just because of marketing. 1932 aint far from 1931...

When you asked about Blue first, Tony, is there evidence on logbook of that colour, or is this a recreation project?

Yes, you can have any shade, but it probably makes sense for originality IF you decided on a factory combo AND tried to get it right just for the sheer hell of it. I get the feeling that you having another triple black car is just going to be not exiting enough. btw, found a 1990s Automobile ad for your supersport I think. do you want it for your history file, or have you already got it?
(25-12-2018, 10:35 PM)JonE Wrote: You might want to have a read of https://aus7in.wordpress.com/2018/10/01/...red-paint/ with respect of the 1932 colour cards. i.e. have a look at the Mitcham red which I think became Cherry Red just because of marketing. 1932 aint far from 1931...

When you asked about Blue first, Tony, is there evidence on logbook of that colour, or is this a recreation project?

Yes, you can have any shade, but it probably makes sense for originality IF you decided on a factory combo AND tried to get it right just for the sheer hell of it. I get the feeling that you having another triple black car is just going to be not exiting enough. btw, found a 1990s Automobile ad for your supersport I think. do you want it for your history file, or have you already got it?

Weren't some of the works Ulsters blue ?
Hi jonE,

I've not got to much of a file on my supersports, a few people have kindly sent pics over the years. If you have a copy of an old sales add, I'd love it.

It may be from when Nick turley was selling the car, if you put it on the forum he may confirm it.

I think it was only up for sale once? And has changed hands three times so far.

If anyone has a copy of the club magazine adds from when the supersports was stolen. I'd love a copy. I beleive I sore it originally in the association mag. And have been told there was also an add in the 750.

For the Ulster, I have proof it was blue back to 1953. After that the body was adapted a lot .and was restored onto the original floor. Then painted blue again. So it's possible it was blue when leaving the factory, and kept blue through its rebuilds.

As it stands at the moment the car is in bits, and has mainly been this way since very early 1980s. When it went to Germany. Last taxed for the road late 1970s.

A lot of restoration work has been done by its previous owners in GERMANY. including hydraulic brakes.

But I don't want hydraulics on the car, nothing wrong with them. But they are not for me.

The first idea of leaving the car blue, was because it's likely to be its original colour. But it won't stand out from the many Ulsters and Ulster reps already out there?

I doubt many have been done black with red wings, and I like my cars to stand out a little from the crowd if I can.

The 1936 belco tile, "CHERRY RED" is more what I was expecting for a wing colour. It's dark enough to compliment the black!

Thanks Tony.
Tony,
Have a look at Rover's " Damask Red ".  Very close, if not identical, to the red used for Speedys.

Chris