The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A 30 "seven" Launch
(08-09-2017, 10:40 PM)David.H Wrote: In the early 50's a local garage - "Wood's Garage" - on the Stratford Road in Shirley, just outside Birmingham, had a fine collection of ancient bicycles hanging from the rafters. More to the point Joe Wood had a very early Austin Seven in fine condition that I (aged abut 14/15) really lusted after! Unfortunately it was not for sale and I was too young to drive, but Joe told me that the car had been restored by the Austin Apprentices at Longbridge and put on display alongside the newly announced A30 Seven.
I have never seen any publicity photos, but would be interested to know if the story were true (I have no reason to think it not so) and whether that car still exists. It was painted green with black wings & hood. Are there any ex- apprentices out there who remember it? They had done a fine job.

Good afternoon. If any of the correspondents to this forum has an A30 'Seven' I have an original hardback manual for free if they send me their address by email to: stuart.joseph@btinernet.com.
Regards from the creative county,
Stuart