The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portuguese Seven
Obviously not 1930 as stated, is this a late RN with rear petrol tank or an earlier car that's been modified?

https://www.prewarcar.com/280811-austin-...box-saloon

.jpg   280811-1544305353-2708591.jpg (Size: 23.6 KB / Downloads: 352)
My RN is Oct '32 with front tank. Is it an optical illusion, as the speedo seems to be about dead central to the dash, mine is to the left of centre with the control panel in the centre. Also, when were the rear panel ribs removed and made all welded.
looks pretty messed around from before it was laid up - tractor headlights, dash panel?
(09-12-2018, 01:46 PM)JonE Wrote: looks pretty messed around from before it was laid up - tractor headlights, dash panel?

looks like a post war speedo....80mph I think! not a Mini, but maybe a light commercial of some sort.
(09-12-2018, 12:53 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Obviously not 1930 as stated, is this a late RN with rear petrol tank or an earlier car that's been modified?

https://www.prewarcar.com/280811-austin-...box-saloon

Updraught carb and electric pump, so I'd say modified.
looking at the wings. Id say it was 1931 RM.
Looks too narrow for an RN
Mike - you can work out that plate!! Hedd is on the money I think... door trims different from RN?
Pity it's in Portugal...
Not enough pics, could be RM or RN, the rear seams were hidden when the 4 speed box, D type rear axle and rear tank were introduced. The door trim plates behind the grab handle are missing, lost or never fitted? If the latter it may be a standard RN saloon however the front wings look more like RM. It's certainly been modified, whats the junction box doing on the engine side of the bulkhead, was it inadvertently removed when the front tank was there?
this was registered probably May or June 1931... in the WP 300s (which started April 31)