The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windscreen closer
    Can anyone identify this windscreen closer? The dashboard end mounting is different to the usual RN/RP mounting.
I thought someone could identify this, so it can go to a home, if not it'll become an RN one.
I wished it had been an RP one Dave as I'm in need of one for my 1934 van rebuild. As far as I'm aware RN and RP have different shaped dashboard mounts, in all other respects I believe they're the same.

Jeff.
Its probably Austin 10 Dave.

Jeff. The RP/RN ones differ in the mount to the screen
(10-12-2018, 04:02 PM)Hedd_Jones Wrote: Its probably Austin 10 Dave.

Jeff. The RP/RN ones differ in the mount to the screen

Thanks Hedd, the screen I have is definitely an RP chrome on brass - so if the mount to the screen is different, what about the mount to the dashboard, I thought that too was a slightly different shape between the RN / RP given the dash panel is a slightly different shaped pressing ?
Thanks Hedd, now I'll see if I can find it a home. Yes the windscreen ends of the RN & RP are different however, some RNs have acquired RP windscreens so beware whilst the dash ends are the same.