The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
horn button cover
Can anyone tell me how to remove the horn button/lndicator cover from the steering wheel, is it retained by clips and pulls off or is there some other retainer.
1938  mk 2  Ruby

Thanks for all replies
There is a small clamp at the very bottom of the steering box which you need to loosen, this will allow the whole assembly to slde up and out of the steering column - there are wires to undo at the bottom end too.
(08-12-2018, 04:33 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: There is a small clamp at the very bottom of the steering box which you need to loosen, this will allow the whole assembly to slde up and out of the steering column - there are wires to undo at the bottom end too.

Thanks for reply Ruairidh, but surely I don't have to strip the all column down just to remove the horn cover, what holds the cover in place   Huh
It's not as difficult as it sounds. Once the clamp at the bottom is loosened you can slide the unit upwards and begin disassembling. You may not need to disconnect the wiring if there is a bit of slack in it. Photos here: 

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/foru...light=horn

Peter.
(08-12-2018, 10:25 PM)Peter Naulls Wrote: It's not as difficult as it sounds. Once the clamp at the bottom is loosened you can slide the unit upwards and begin disassembling. You may not need to disconnect the wiring if there is a bit of slack in it. Photos here: 

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/foru...light=horn

Peter.

Thanks Peter for the great photo now I know what I need to do to remove the cover  Shy