The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electic fuel pump wiring rating
In the process of rewiring my Special but need clarification on wire rating for the electric fuel pump 6volt system.
I'm tempted to us 17.5 A? would this be correct?
Many thanks
Presume you're thinking of 32/0.2 1mm sq cable. That'd work, but so would 16/0.2 0.5mm sq cable. Low pressure fuel pumps (even 6V ones0 dont take much current.
just put in a in line fuse for safety measures
Thanks for the reply.
I might be remembering this wrong but a 6V SU draws no more than 1 or 2A. Can check when I get home. The above sounds like overkill to me -  wire from the coil + a decent earth and you are sorted.
More wiring help required please.
As my rewire progress's (1927 Special 6 volt) can anyone confirm wiring rating for the magneto feed, the present wire is I suspect 8amp?
Wiring to the dynamo is also a mess, multiple wires of various colours jointed to form one length!
After looking at various sites it is suggested for a 6 v system 27 amps? 
Many thanks
16/020 0.5 sq mm would be plenty for the mag connection. Assuming you have the magneto style dynamo there, 32/0.20 1 sq mm 16A cable would be extremely generous as a connection.