The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JMB cars

.jpg   1934Jmb.jpg (Size: 13.32 KB / Downloads: 175)

Whilst remembering my Ringwood days 1947 - 1995 I recall in the 1960's Donald Cross a Ringwood school teacher wrote about the Industries of Ringwood. However he did not know of the JMB three wheel motorcycle that was manufactured in The Quomp, Ringwood. I was told about the JMB by my grandad. As I wanted to be a journalist I decided aged 16, to investigate. He told me about Henry Barrow who lived in College Road. I went to see him and he put me in touch with Mr. Jones in Oswestry who sent me details about the bike and the company. I wrote to Donald Cross who had the details published in Autocar magazine. 
The JMB was first manufactured in Ringwood, Hampshire (UK) in 1933 and was designed by G.H.Jones. The car got its JMB initials from the partners involved with the project that also included R.W.Mason and C.Barrow. The vehicle was powered by a 497cc ohv JAP engine that was mounted at the rear of the vehicle driving the back wheel by a chain; this meant that the front was free for storing luggage. The JMB came as a two or four seater with a claimed top speed of 55 mph. 1934 bodies were fabric covered whilst the bodies of the 1935 versions had metal panelling. Production ceased in 1935. Around 250 vehicles were made.

.jpg   tcJMB.jpg (Size: 20.2 KB / Downloads: 177)

A 1935 “Mustang” model. Tony Cox sent this photo of Matthew Cox’s JMB fully restored in 2005.

I am sorry that it is not an Austin but thought that it might be of interest. Admin, please delete if thought necessary.
Peter
That's brilliant Peter,  Tony and I have discussed carburation on this car at length. It the first time I've seen it in the flesh though.
   Thanks for posting it up. 
      Robert