The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHEEL SPOKES
WHEEL SPOKES

Help! Where can I buy just two spokes (one long and one short) for an otherwise sound set of 1933 19" wheels?
Richards Bros.
or Nick Mouat
Richard Bros in Cardiff gets my vote!

https://www.richards-bros.com

Cheers

Howard
Thanks everyone!  Someone has now kindly offered me a pair, so hopefully that's panic over!
Just be aware that the outer spokes come in two lengths.
Hi Martin

What method did you use to charm the stainless steel cap out of the wheel centre?

Replacement spokes sold locally are uniform  gauge and look bulky, whereas the original were one size smaller than the threaded area. Curious about the products available in UK.

I have great faith in the original spokes. They seemed to survive wild antics in a heavy saloon; stretched slightly but did not break.
(03-12-2018, 03:34 AM)Bob Culver Wrote: Hi Martin

What method did you use to charm the stainless steel cap out of the wheel centre?

Replacement spokes sold locally are uniform  gauge and look bulky, whereas the original were one size smaller than the threaded area. Curious about the products available in UK.

I have great faith in the original spokes. They seemed to survive wild antics in a heavy saloon; stretched slightly but did not break.

Hi Bob.

The method is best described as "crude and violent", I think!  Working from the inside, I turned back a couple of the crimped-over fixing points with a selection of chisels and a big hammer and then bashed them out with a length of 2"x 2" and an even bigger hammer! 

The spokes do indeed seem remarkably durable.  I've only once had a wheel start to fail on me, after an argument with a French tramline.  It was fine for 3 or 4 miles until I started to hear alarming "pings" just as I started to cross a 1.5 mile motorway bridge.  By the time I reached the far side, I'd lost seven spokes.