The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RN and RK sunroof
Photo 
Beg, Steal, or Borrow!

Can anyone lend us the sliding panel for an RN sunroof - better still, the fixed rear panel as well? We need to get some accurate measurements and constructional details.

We receive frequent enquiries, so there's clearly a demand, but as far as I'm aware no-one is making the metalwork (I've asked the usual suppliers).

Time, we think, to do something !

We're also in need of detailed information about RK sunroof sliding panels.

RK roof photoThe alum runners would be hard to replicate.
Bryan Downes would have some good photo's too as he has rebuilt his car.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That RK sunroof is a work of art.

This is an RN one that I am working on...

I love these sunroofs , they’ve taken a lot of thinking
And craftsmanship to achieve a fantastic result.

Regards

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
Superb work, both!

Austin-in-the-Shed, you don't happen to know the length, width and depth of the sliding timber frame, along with the distance between the rails, do you?

Ruairidh, am I right in thinking that the RN sliding roof is flat, other than a slight drop at either side? I've been quote a depth of only 3/8" for the steel lattice panel - is that correct?

Thanks!
Let me check that - will be mid-week, and get back to you.

R
(02-12-2018, 08:44 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Let me check that - will be mid-week, and get back to you.

R

Thanks, Ruairidh.
Martin, 

the RK sliding roof panel is 34 inches wide X 28 inches front to back. These are the dimensions of the wood frame not including the metal shrouds that cover the rails. The panel is not flat and is curved in both directions to follow the roof line and to shed water.

I have only seen 6 or 7 RK's with original factory fitted Pychley sunroofs. Probably no more than 10 exist so quite rare.

Bryan

Martin, 

the RK sliding roof panel is 34 inches wide X 28 inches front to back. These are the dimensions of the wood frame not including the metal shrouds that cover the rails. The panel is not flat and is curved in both directions to follow the roof line and to shed water.

I have only seen 6 or 7 RK's with original factory fitted Pychley sunroofs. Probably no more than 10 exist so quite rare.

Bryan

Many thanks, Bryan. Yes, very rare. We're hoping to get an order timber parts for a car that has almost no surviving woodwork.
(02-12-2018, 05:16 PM)Martin Prior Wrote: Ruairidh, am I right in thinking that the RN sliding roof is flat, other than a slight drop at either side?  I've been quote a depth of only 3/8" for the steel lattice panel - is that correct?

The sliding rook has a very slight curve longitudinally that follows the line of the channels it runs in, there is also a slight curve across the car and it is straight at the front.

The 3/8" depth looks correct.

It will be covered up soon so do ask anything sooner than later. I took quite a lot of photos of the degraded but original roof covering and edging which I have replicated as closely as I could.