The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Restoring a Top Hat
The Chummy had some trimming work done last week at Nightingale Coach Trim. David has the pattern for making the spare wheel covers, a useful safety aid, especially as the autumn evenings are here, so I ordered one for the Top Hat. 

David also has an original pattern for making a radiator muff, so I've fitted one to the Top Hat for winter running. Yet to be tried out in cold conditions, but it looks the part!

Running-in is complete now and the car is generally going quite well. The engine is still a bit "tight" but pulls OK although the car is not particularly quick. A combination of original, super Low Compression, XL marked head and a 4.9 axle I feel conspire against it. It is still inclined to lose its idle when hot although this is gradually improving. We will be driving one of the Sevens to Lyme Regis in a few weeks and I need to make up my mind whether to try this in the Top Hat!