The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ruby ARQ Rejuvenation
Highly recommend the cheap sewing machine servo motors available all over ebay. Fitted one to my walking (sprinting) foot machine and it has transformed her. You can set the maximum motor speed from the controller and just plant you foot. plenty of torque at low speed too. Go for it.
Mark,
Sorry for the delay in responding.
I did contact a company some time ago about servo motor, the price then being £80 but now near £120, BUT having done more experimenting with my mod I have now got the Singer 660 to behave itself to my liking.
I just don’t use it often enough to warrant the cost, BUT very wary of getting that huge heavy motor off right now.
A servo motor would be ideal, but will see how my mod works in anger before final decision.

Geoff - Still fighting leaks in the Carport ??
Geoff,

I bought a servo motor for my Pfaff a few years back, it is very much more usable with it. It also paid for itself the first time I used it.

Very similar to this setup: https://www.banggood.com/220V-Brushless-...rehouse=CN
(26-10-2019, 09:42 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Geoff,

I bought a servo motor for my Pfaff a few years back, it is very much more usable with it.  It also paid for itself the first time I used it.

Very similar to this setup:  https://www.banggood.com/220V-Brushless-...rehouse=CN

Not quite on the same tack, but I've seen lots of conversions to various mechanical devices that used a 12-volt windscreen wiper motors Even better, the 24-volt ones from a truck have even more torque. Cheap, too, second-hand.
Thanks Ruairidh.
Help needed please to sort out the gap as seen in the photo of the NS rear Mud Wing.
I don’t have the experience to even try rectifying it.
As an absolute last resort, I will have to resort to using filler as previous owner did  Angry

The gap

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Filler would not be a long term solution.The radius of the wing looks a bit out so I would try a sand bag with a wooden domed mallet to try and dress out the wing to fit a bit closer.The only other alternative would be to cut the body and weld in another piece to make up the gap .This is a bit more complicated to do on this part of the body and some distortion is inevitable.I have done this on my Rp saloon and it has worked out fine although a skim of filler or lead is necessary to give a good finish.
Great to hear you are on the mend Geoff, I was missing your thread. For me I prefer mother in law's Singer, just the right speed for me. I would adjust the wing to fit the car.     
Geoff, please don't cut and weld the body I believe its the wing that needs to be addressed. I am finding it hard to tell from your pictures but it appears that the wing radius is inconsistent seeming to flatten at around 1 or 2 o'clock, I am guessing this is from old accident damage. Without seeing it properly its hard to advise where the metal needs to be moved, but I don't anticipate that it is a hard repair for someone experienced. Be careful if you start bashing without considering what is causing the miss shape, if you hit the wing over a sand bag you will stretch metal which may be what is required but you could be causing a bigger problem. The flat area may be caused by stretching in the outer part of the radius caused when an old repair took place, if this is the case shrinking this back to it correct shape will allow the inner radius to lift back into the arch. If all else fails spare Ruby rear wings can't be in short supply, enough cars have been broken up in recent years to build specials.
Black Art Enthusiast
+ 1 for Ian's post above

Much easier to adjust the loose removable wing than the fixed main body structure

Aye
Greig