The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Opals and two-seaters
Nick, with that last post of yours it has confirmed to me that your wife never reads this forum. My advice to you regarding breaking the bad news to your car is. Praise her and tell her that she is just as good and important as any Opal.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
(27-11-2018, 05:15 PM)e-richard Wrote: My apologies.  I am actually away from home and suffering poor memory !
However, I have retrieved some scanned log books and I get a sense that Timothy may be right.  
It seems that DVLC (or whatever it was) accept whatever you write....

Has anyone else noticed the clerical error in e-richard's old logbook?  There's an "8" missing from the Car No.  

Careless book-keeping seems to be a relatively common problem, that in this case shouldn't matter.   I know of a number of cars with a similar slips of the pen, sometimes dating back to the early 'thirties and carried forward to the modern V5C.  

In one case that I've come across, a single incorrectly duplicated digit makes it very difficult to conclusively prove the connection between the document and the chassis - a detailed understanding of A7 numbering, a small "leap of faith" and some common sense would be required - and in the current climate at DVLA I suspect that it would almost certainly result in cancellation of the original registration. Beware!
(30-11-2018, 10:50 AM)Martin Prior Wrote:
(27-11-2018, 05:15 PM)e-richard Wrote: My apologies.  I am actually away from home and suffering poor memory !
However, I have retrieved some scanned log books and I get a sense that Timothy may be right.  
It seems that DVLC (or whatever it was) accept whatever you write....

Has anyone else noticed the clerical error in e-richard's old logbook?  There's an "8" missing from the Car No.  

Careless book-keeping seems to be a relatively common problem, that in this case shouldn't matter.   I know of a number of cars with a similar slips of the pen, sometimes dating back to the early 'thirties and carried forward to the modern V5C.  

In one case that I've come across, a single incorrectly duplicated digit makes it very difficult to conclusively prove the connection between the document and the chassis - a detailed understanding of A7 numbering, a small "leap of faith" and some common sense would be required - and in the current climate at DVLA I suspect that it would almost certainly result in cancellation of the original registration.  Beware!
Missed the missing 8 but spotted that the date first registered changes between the documents...
So what happened to the definitive evidence which was supposedly coming last weekend?
[/quote]

In one case that I've come across, a single incorrectly duplicated digit makes it very difficult to conclusively prove the connection between the document and the chassis - a detailed understanding of A7 numbering, a small "leap of faith" and some common sense would be required - and in the current climate at DVLA I suspect that it would almost certainly result in cancellation of the original registration. Beware!
[/quote]

The chassis number on my Ruby's ID plate differed by one letter from the V5C which came with the car. I was pleasantly surprised at how readily DVLA accepted the error and issued an amended V5C when they changed the ownership into my name: perhaps I was lucky.

Jamie.
(03-12-2018, 12:41 AM)Special Bits Wrote: So what happened to the definitive evidence which was supposedly coming last weekend?

Herefordshire is a very ong way away... give it time.