The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Chummy ER 8727 still in America?
ill see what I can do Jeff
According to the Harrah Collection now the National Automobile Museum Reno Vehicle Directory, the only Austin in the collection is a 1933 Austin (American) Series 2-75 Roadster. Similarly they no longer appear to have the 1907 Silver Ghost - the oldest in their collection being a 1910 Silver Ghost Tourer by Alfred & Adler.
No Turner Miesse steam car in their vehicle directory either.

Hedd,
There's apparently a 1903 Turner Miesse in the Isle of Mann Motor Museum - registration MN 517.

Just found this online - the registration of the Turner Miesse you're looking for was AK 460 - it's on the DVLA database as SORN'd with date of first registration as July 1965. The Turner Manufacturing Company (TMC) was sold in 1978 to the Dana Corporation, eventually ending up in the hands of Caterpillar. The J. Brevitt van in the background is apparently in the Black Country Living Museum in Dudley - presumably that's where the car is now ?

https://www.steamcarnetwork.com/blog/tur...steam-cars

.png   Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 18.41.22.png (Size: 485.26 KB / Downloads: 366)

.png   Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 18.45.04.png (Size: 660.58 KB / Downloads: 367)
Jeff. There are three and a half Turner Miesse steam cars in the world.

The Manx one belongs to a very good friend of mine whos family bought it in bits in the 1960's in many pieces from a baker on the outskirts of Stoke on Trent.

There is a 1904 version in LA. Formally a UK car and very original.

There is parts of one in Australia, theoretically the oldest but having seen the chassis plate its been stamped with modern typeface stamps and is in my belief a replica plate. So perhaps not.

The yellow car you have pictured is actually in my belief a 1905 car. It was certainly messed about with in the late 1960's having been 'bought from Scotland' in 1965. Probably so as to enter it as a Brighton run car (so pre 1905). I have a hunch that it may have been a Sword car from the second sale given the scottish link and the year.
I have traced its original owner, it was first registered in Bradford in October 1905 and ive found two subsequent owners until the trail goes cold in july 1908 via some very interesting records. It re-appears in 1965 with its makers. 

Its at the Black Country Museum now.
Hello Everyone,
For Tom who attended the sale, or anyone else, in 1962, does anyone have a picture of Lot 21? It was a 1924 Vauxhall 23-60 with Vincents of Reading Landaulette coachwork.

Any pictures, even if in the background, would be most interesting to see.

Many thanks

Frazer
Frazer,
Have you asked The Archive of the Scottish Motor Museum Trust - they may have in their archive more than the one Sword collection photo featured in the link below showing the cars prior to the March 1965 sale at Balgray Farm.

https://motoringheritage.co.uk/product/s...gray-farm/

Hedd,
Any luck yet in finding anyone in the steam waggon / road locomotive fraternity with access to a copy of the auction catalogue for the famous W. J. King of Bishops Lydeard steam road locomotive sale on the 14th May 1988. I'd be interested to know if an Austin 7 van or van body was included in the sale.

Cheers, Jeff.
Thanks Jeff, I'll give it a go!
jeff. no luck
Thanks for trying Hedd, much appreciated.

Cheers, Jeff.