The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
austin and oil
Further to the Wakefield charts, they came in envelopes as stated earlier. In 33 the envelope had a red motif printed which was changed in 34 to  a large red band and the same script. 36 envelope same but yellow band, and in 38 grey band. 
If your still awake I have another 36 Austin Seven oiling chart with envelope, this time by Price's MOTORINE and it states "austin motor co recommend Motorine" . Interestingly Prices state gearbox oil capacity at 1.5 pints!
(16-11-2018, 02:18 AM)squeak Wrote: Further to the Wakefield charts, they came in envelopes as stated earlier. In 33 the envelope had a red motif printed which was changed in 34 to  a large red band and the same script. 36 envelope same but yellow band, and in 38 grey band. 
If your still awake I have another 36 Austin Seven oiling chart with envelope, this time by Price's MOTORINE and it states "austin motor co recommend Motorine" . Interestingly Prices state gearbox oil capacity at 1.5 pints!

Further to Squeak - I've mentioned this before, so apologies to the "Oldies".  Imagine the confusion/damage to clothes etc, if owners followed the 1923 Handbook which said on one page "capacity 2/3 of a pint" and on another "capacity 2 to 3 pints".   Cheers,  Bill in Oz
(16-11-2018, 02:18 AM)squeak Wrote: Further to the Wakefield charts, they came in envelopes as stated earlier. In 33 the envelope had a red motif printed which was changed in 34 to  a large red band and the same script. 36 envelope same but yellow band, and in 38 grey band. 

I think the Sternol Lubrication Chart picture is a direct lift from the Austin Motor Company Garage Chart with the clips from the rear and front axle and engine - similar to the earlier Publication 621 but with the later fittings.
There is a Sterns Lube Notes booklet from 1928 (see the A7CA Archive) which says Sternol is recommended by Austins - but the later (1931?) Chart above notes 'was recommended'.

The Vacuum Oil chassis is very poor showing a two spoked steering wheel among other anomalies. The copy of the booklet from 1929 doesn't say 'recommended by the Austin Motor Co'.

Interesting that Motorine does !! I would have thought the Castrol arrangement might have precluded this - maybe another deal with Motorine to supply a chart in an envelope with the cars.

"36 envelope same but yellow band,"

As did the 37 envelope.
Russell, would love to see some pics.

Tony.
Tony pictures coming I wish I was more competent , have done the motorine.  Seems I also have the Austin7 pamphlet for pratts and the original copy for castrol "austin 7 lubrication simply explained".
I will photo and post.  regards  Russell
Must be a senior moment not spotting the rear fuel tank and yes having blown up the picture I can see the centre longitudinal hiding behind the OS member. Having just done a propshaft job on an RN which ever side you approach it you have the battery box on the NS and the centre longitudinal on the OS much closer than in the picture.
However I suspect the artist has merely updated the original SWB drawing adding the centre longitudinal, 4 speed box, rear tank and 26Va carb, but left the SWB body mount on the NS end of the rear crossmember.