The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gaydon Austin ledgers visit?
I've done a visit to the Austin ledgers a few months back and it was free to access them and easy to do with a pre-planned slot. I need to go back but it's a long way to Warwickshire. Are others planning on visits to look at the museum (paying visit) or the '29-31 car details on archive file... who might be interested in forming a small group to gather information on behalf of the others occasionally? When I went last time I had a few cars to look up/check for others and it didn't take long before I got on with what I was visiting for.

Mentioning it here in the hope that there are others doing research - or those closer who might be interested in seeing what the archives offer.
(11-11-2018, 10:49 AM)JonE Wrote: I've done a visit to the Austin ledgers a few months back and it was free to access them and easy to do with a pre-planned slot. I need to go back but it's a long way to Warwickshire. Are others planning on visits to look at the museum (paying visit) or the '29-31 car details on archive file... who might be interested in forming a small group to gather information on behalf of the others occasionally? When I went last time I had a few cars to look up/check for others and it didn't take long before I got on with what I was visiting for.

Mentioning it here in the hope that there are others doing research - or those closer who might be interested in seeing what the archives offer.

You can check the books quite cheaply with a nice email- a must from here Smile 

Especially if you only want the numbers etcetera and no fancy certificate.
Tony - I think the number of potential separate record enquiries would rapidly irritate them, but out of interest, what do you mean by "cheaply" - is there a looking-up charge, or do you mean that it's essentially free if you are nice... and "occasional"?
(11-11-2018, 09:26 PM)JonE Wrote: Tony - I think the number of potential separate record enquiries would rapidly irritate them, but out of interest, what do you mean by "cheaply" - is there a looking-up charge, or do you mean that it's essentially free if you are nice... and "occasional"?

Somewhere on the Website there is a GBP 12 (I think) look up fee which I have paid a couple of times.
Thanks - that's good to know. Original question still stands, or indeed anyone close by Warks who would like to get involved occasionally with research. And thanks to those who have contacted me by PM.