The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1930 Swallow at Auction
Not sure if this has been discussed on the forum already:-

https://www.historics.co.uk/buying/aucti...n-swallow/
I do like the Swallow but at 6'2" I think I'd struggle getting in an out of the Saloon, nice though it is.
It's a bit tricky to tell from the pictures but are the door sills very high or does the body drop a lot further below the floor line than normal? It doesn't look like the lower body edge is that much lower than normal but the doors look more like hatches than car doors.

They are nice looking cars, small but nicely proportioned without looking cartoonish.

Simon
(10-11-2018, 04:58 PM)Austin Carr Wrote: Not sure if this has been discussed on the forum already:-

https://www.historics.co.uk/buying/aucti...n-swallow/

Lovely looking car- and the less common first version - which I like.  
Unfortunately most of normal size would find it difficult to fit in especially if over 6 foot. 
Maybe people were smaller back in the day ?
Wonder if it has the compact etcetera in the glovebox ?
The earlier saloons had the bench front seat, this is a fixed position (apart from the hinged backrest on the passenger side), but actually gives more room than the later individual seats (adjustable fore & aft) as the seat back position lies between the rear wheel arches, the individual seats (as originally fitted at the factory), stop short of the rear wheel arches, so have less leg room.

My Swallow saloon would have been supplied from the factory with individual seats, but typically missing from my car, so I have had new ones re-made, fitting these slightly differently to original allows greater aftwards movement, and thus better leg room and suitable for taller persons.

Back in the day most people were of course generally much thinner and probably shorter in height, so much easier to accommodate.
Sold for £23,772
(27-11-2018, 04:40 PM)Austin Carr Wrote: Sold for £23,772

Do you know if that figure was the hammer price or included the buyer's premium?
(28-11-2018, 11:16 AM)GK5268 Wrote:
(27-11-2018, 04:40 PM)Austin Carr Wrote: Sold for £23,772

Do you know if that figure was the hammer price or included the buyer's premium?

As the sold price is a very odd number for the hammer price I assume that it included Buyer's Commission which is 10% of the Purchase Price [plus VAT]. This would give a hammer price of £21,225