The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peter Relph's Funeral
Peter's Funeral, 13 November 1300hrs, St Laurence's Church, Church Stretton SY6 6DQ Shropshire.
Update
For anyone travelling to Peter's funeral on Tuesday - the local vintage car club that Peter was so passionate about and also chief organiser of, and who manned the filter point for the Welsh Trial, will be gathering just before his funeral on Tuesday, 13th November at The Bucks Head, Church Stretton, from 11.30 onwards for coffee and chat, before heading off to the Church shortly before one. The Bucks Head literally backs onto the Church and is barely a two minute walk away. Anybody attending the funeral who would like to join us for coffee and a chat, to warm up or thaw out, would be most welcome - so do please come along if you can. 
Please pass this information on to anyone who think may also wish to be there.

Thank you.

Ian Mc.
I attended Peter's funeral yesterday. Unusually, it really was a celebration of his life, his daughters and eldest granddaughter, in their eulogies delivered in the church made it so. That and a generously provided and excellently organised wake in the evening at The Ragleth Inn helped to turn a potentially sad occasion into an uplifting experience.

Peter would have loved it.

R.I.P. Peter Relph.
Excellent news Ian - thank you for sharing.
(14-11-2018, 10:28 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Excellent news Ian - thank you for sharing.

As one who only briefly knew him (Isle of Man Rally, Longleat Rally etc) but found him to be a great bloke, I'm pleased to read he had a deserving send-off.  Wish I'd been there.   Cheers,  Bill in Oz
It was indeed a lovely service and the numbers in attendance a testimony to how highly regarded he was by so many.  He started his local car club - no rules, no affiliations, anyone welcome from Rolls Royce to Mini Metro lovers - a few years ago and it gradually increased from a handful to now too many to fit the room.  His enthusiasm was infectious.  To say he will be missed is a gross understatement.  At our October gathering he said he would not be here for the November meeting (he was going on his first ever cruise).  Little did we know.