The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cold Turkey Trial - 29 December 2018
Some video footage from the day is here (yes, I do know I misspelt December in the title!)
https://youtu.be/Q5aZv8Wg3SA

And some snaps are here:
https://flic.kr/s/aHskLkT3zn
Nick, thanks for the last minute correction to the co-ordinates for Tulley's Farm (bad cut-and-paste job on my part!).

Also my grateful thanks to the hill marshals and Mike Stone and Alan Martin (course-setting and scrutineering), Tulley's Farm (for use of woods and mud), and everyone who took part either driving, bouncing or spectating. See you in 2019!
This certainly looks like a splendid event, for that post Xmas moment as much fun as the lamented, or was it demented, Butts Quary trial used to be, just a bit more sensible. Actually almost any sporting event imaginable would be more sensible than Butts Quarry usualy ended up as the day went by.

There seem to be few PCT events at the moment, has the Grasshopper Challenge disappeared? There is nothing about it on the PWA7C website, unlike the thriving Bert Hadley Championship. Perhaps here in the Marches, more serious Seven competitors are spoiled for choice with the VSCC Herefordshire, Welsh and Cotswold trials, but there are no simpler PCT events for the less nimble saloons.

And talking of sporting events, I know it's not even January yet, but any news of Inter-Reg plans to put into the diary?
A big thank you to all the organisers and Marshals for a splendidly muddy event. 
  Lots of smiling faces enjoying themselves and great to meet some old friends and new ones.
Two gentlemen came down from Lincolnshire to compete. They were lamenting the non-appearance of the PWA7C midlands trial. "We know lots of good hills in the Lincolnshire Wolds," they said, "used by motorcycle clubs, so they would be good for Austin Sevens." I suggested that they contact the PWA7C and offer to organise next years trial. They seemed to think that it was a good idea.

Lets watch this space.
I (spectator) spoke with one lady in a non-triallsy looking Chummy and asked whether they had driven to the event. She said they would have... but they came down from Durham!
(31-12-2018, 10:25 AM)JonE Wrote: I (spectator) spoke with one lady in a non-triallsy looking Chummy and asked whether they had driven to the event. She said they would have... but they came down from Durham!

That car might look 'non-trialsy' but it certainly isn't!! Wink

Steve
The MG midland centre  usually run two PCT's each year,the Autumn one at Bromsgrove was great fun.
When I get details i will post.
Andy