The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Workshop - Looks Like a old Garage
Good evening.

There was a link in a post sometime in the last fortnight or so which linked to a picture of someone's home workshop which has been designed to look like a vintage garage. I cannot find it now: can anyone else remember where it was?

Thank you.

James.
That sounds like Martin Prior's workshop:

http://austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/sh...p?tid=2088
(12-12-2018, 09:47 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: That sounds like Martin Prior's workshop:

http://austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/sh...p?tid=2088

Perfect.

Thank you.
This one?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Martin,

That is it: thank you.

I plan to put up a new, wooden garage next year to replace the current leaky 1950s concrete prefab which I have. I did suggest to my wife that I build the new one is style similar to this. Oddly, she demurred somewhat............

Regards,

James.
Designing and making unusual timber sectional buildings is what we do when we're not making Austin Seven woodwork. We've worked all over the UK and to a limited degree abroad (Jobs in Ireland and Germany are currently on the books). We've supplied buildings to gold-medal-winning display gardens at major shows, including Chelsea.

However, doing these for thirty five years has taken its toll on my knees and much else. I'm (seriously) expecting to have to work well into my eighties and that's another quarter of a century away! For this reason, we're trying hard to shift the business entirely over to lighter car work. I haven't advertised the buildings for about five years, but people still insist on finding us and ordering the damn things!

(13-12-2018, 08:15 AM)Jamie Wrote: Martin,

That is it: thank you.

I plan to put up a new, wooden garage next year to replace the current leaky 1950s concrete prefab which I have. I did suggest to my wife that I build the new one is style similar to this. Oddly, she demurred somewhat............

Regards,

James.

Mrs Jamie clearly needs to be re-educated!
Um. I think not. She was more than happy for me to buy the car in the first place, albeit needing a complete and utter rebuild, and is happy with having a new garage. I'll not push my luck.
Sounds like she wants you out of the house. Have you bought her a new Scrabble app or something? Extended box set of a very good long running serial?
(13-12-2018, 09:24 AM)JonE Wrote: Sounds like she wants you out of the house.

Now that had not occurred to me......