The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
grasshopper rad shell?
Would this suit a Grasshoper Replica?

Bill G

.jpeg   
EBD0DCD9-8D87-4FFC-AA3B-B085C53DAB73.jpeg (Size: 21.79 KB / Downloads: 366)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=...3503261321
Based near the Scottish Border,
Well, it's the right shape ... but it will be far too big.
This looks to be an Austin 10 Ripley rad.

Edit: I see in the actual listing (I looked just looked at the photo posted initially) it is identified as and Austin 12 Newbury rad. - see Mike's reply!
Its not quite the right shape, despite initially looking good. The top is too curved, the bottom completely wrong, the filler hole in the wrong place, and as Mike says it will be too big. A shame, as I got quite excited when I first saw it!
(28-10-2018, 08:42 PM)Special Bits Wrote: Its not quite the right shape, despite initially looking good. The top is too curved, the bottom completely wrong, the filler hole in the wrong place, and as Mike says it will be too big. A shame, as I got quite excited when I first saw it!
AllAlloyCup - I'd say definitely not a Grasshopper shell, but if you wish to convert and use it for same, let me know - I can send you the correct measurements and details of the Hopper.   Bill in Oz   ausevenoz@gmail.com
Thanks Bill for the kind offer.
I’m busy building an all aluminium bodied
Gordon England Cup just now but when I saw this
unusual shell , I thought it
Might be useful to someone.

If it’s brass it could be easily modified?

Regards

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,