The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Potential source for replacement fabrics
For information only...please don't contact me!
A friend in Germany met this young lady at the Techno Classica Car show in Essen & subsequently went to visit her. He was impressed by her knowledge & ability to reproduce old fabrics ( he was looking for 1920's material and she is researching the possibility for him).
The website is in German, but can be followed with a bit of imagination! English is, however, understood I believe!
Apparently where she lives (in the depths of the former DDR) is an old weaving area & some old looms (and skills) have been saved, and she has some in use.
What you have to do is send a fragment of the original material for examination (to determine how it was made and what from). The next stage is to discuss colour/pattern etc. Then about quantity and price! Apparently it is possible to make quite small amounts, but obviously if a number of people get together it brings down the unit cost.
I have no connection nor experience with the company, so Caveat Emptor. However my friend is pretty shrewd (and has a good eye for detail) and as she exhibited at Essen is clearly interested in the potential of car restoration
The contact is:
andrea.loeffler@textildesign-loeffler.de
and the website
www.textildesign-loeffler.de
David Harrison
The small group currently looking at a 4-colour rep remanufacture will be really interested to hear this.
Just bought some leather cloth for my Ruby from Ratchfords of Stockport and the quality & colour are spot on.