The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
austin 7 rn 1932, reg number GY2791

.pdf   austin 7 rn GY2791.pdf (Size: 88.25 KB / Downloads: 381)
.pdf   austin 7 rn GY2791.pdf (Size: 88.25 KB / Downloads: 381)
.pdf   austin 7 rn GY2791-1.pdf (Size: 89.34 KB / Downloads: 94) I keep trying to find this car, which seems to have gone to ground.
We owned it over 50 years ago (see photos attached of much younger wife & me, each posing with the old thing)
I keep trying this forum in the hope it may jog someones memory or a new owner may notice us.
(24-10-2018, 07:16 PM)gy2791 Wrote: I keep trying to find this car, which seems to have gone to ground.
We owned it over 50 years ago (see photos attached of much younger wife & me, each posing with the old thing)
I keep trying this forum in the hope it may jog someones memory or a new owner may notice us.

According to the DVLA website the car has not been taxed since 1992.  No MOT certificates have been issued either.
Regards .  PS it is also shown as being Blue at that time.  Your pics look like it was Black when you owned it.
Smiley.
It's on the A7CA register, but an old entry from 2000. At that time the owner belonged to the Pre War Austin 7 Club (PWA7C). It might be worth contacting them to see if they still have contact details of the then owner, such that they could put you in touch.
Lovely photos by the way, and good luck.
As said by Timothy it was a PWA7C member's car, you could contact their membership secretary you will find him on this page  https://www.pwa7c.co.uk/committee.php

It was also on the RN register which is held by Dave Mann, email:  sue.mann1 at ntlworld.com (change the at to @)

Good Luck
I've taken the liberty of rotating the images for you - they're lovely photos. The fact that it hasn't been taxed since November 1992 (it must have been taxed up until Nov. '92) may suggest it's been sold abroad and therefore lost its UK registration number. Best of luck, hope you track it down. 

.png   Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 01.56.54.png (Size: 700.25 KB / Downloads: 350)

.png   Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 02.09.55.png (Size: 702.35 KB / Downloads: 348)
Jeff, I may be wrong, but I think that when a car is exported its DVLA record disappears - when I sold our (modern) works truck to a buyer in the Republic of Ireland four years ago, all trace of it had vanished within a matter of days.

If this RN is still on the system then I would think that it has neither been exported, nor officially scrapped.
I believe there's another possible scenario whereby a vehicle goes abroad, but the DVLA are never notified, hence the details stay on the system.

Not the first time I've said this, but from following numerous enquiries such as this over time, tracking down vehicles that we've owned in the past is very rarely successful. In saying this, I am even excluding any instances where there is no indication of present day existence, such as a positive result on a DVLA online search. I'd love to be reunited with the 1934 Saloon, AYM324, that I owned years ago, but all enquiries have so far led to nothing.
I have to agree with Ian M. Some years back, I re-imported a car from the US knowing what its UK registration number had been. I looked on the DVLA web site, there it was, the owner had never informed the authorities it had been exported. I filled in the appropriate form, included the appropriate fee and had a replacement log book 10 days later...
My brother sold his '29 RK in 1979, after which it vanished from the face of the planet for the next 30-plus years; frequent searches were fruitless.

Out of the blue, about six years ago, I received a letter from a Bristol A7C member who'd owned the car for a couple of years, asking if we wanted to buy it back. My brother jumped at the chance and did the deal.

It's really quite eerie, as the car is EXACTLY as we last saw it three decades earlier, even down to odd bits of rubbish that we'd left in the glove boxes. We've no idea of where it's been for most of that time.

Was it abducted by aliens?
The notification requirements for export were much less stringent thirty years ago; I see my old coupe is still on the DVLA records, 'Not taxed since 1991', although it's been in Japan since well before this! A Lancia which I sold in 2008 to a Dutchman is also on the DVLA records, although that shows as 'Untaxed, due Novemeber 1988'... 'sfunny, it was taxed when I sold it!