The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Users Browsing This Forum
The recent discussion on stars and ratings caused me to pay a little attention to the above.

Interesting- when I looked there were some 15 users with ID (some bold ones even using real names)  3 Invisible ?? and 31 Guests ???

Who are these 'guests' ? Ae they potential Austin 7 owners or just curious ?

I cannot believe that just random searching would lead accidently to this forum .
(23-10-2018, 10:05 PM)Tony Press Wrote: The recent discussion on stars and ratings caused me to pay a little attention to the above.

Interesting- when I looked there were some 15 users with ID (some bold ones even using real names)  3 invisible ?? and 31 guests ???

I cannot believe that just random searching would lead accidently to this forum .

Sometimes I look at the forum on a different computer or on my phone or something. If I'm just looking for the sake of looking and I don't need to reply or post a thread, I won't bother to sign in. In that situation I'd show up as a guest. I imagine it's the same for others who are nominally signed up.
Dave is correct - you can view the Forum (but not the photos) without logging in.

People viewing, without logging in, show as ‘guests’.
(23-10-2018, 10:09 PM)Dave Prior Wrote:
(23-10-2018, 10:05 PM)Tony Press Wrote: The recent discussion on stars and ratings caused me to pay a little attention to the above.

Interesting- when I looked there were some 15 users with ID (some bold ones even using real names)  3 invisible ?? and 31 guests ???

Sometimes I look at the forum on a different computer or on my phone or something. If I'm just looking for the sake of looking and I don't need to reply or post a thread, I won't bother to sign in. In that situation I'd show up as a guest. I imagine it's the same for others who are nominally signed up.

Call me odd but I never sign off (saves all that fuss of passwords etc.) and whenever I open the Forum on whichever computer it says 'last viewed whenever' or similar.
(23-10-2018, 10:15 PM)Tony Press Wrote:
(23-10-2018, 10:09 PM)Dave Prior Wrote:

Call me odd but I never sign off (saves all that fuss of passwords etc.) and whenever I open the Forum on whichever computer it says 'last viewed whenever' or similar.
I, like Tony, rarely bother to sign off. In my case laziness!!!

Tony Press [Image: buddy_online.png] 
Older Member
[Image: star.png][Image: star.png][Image: star.png][Image: star.png]

Threads: 11

46 minutes ago (This post was last modified: 43 minutes ago by Tony Press.)

The recent discussion on stars and ratings caused me to pay a little attention to the above.

Interesting- when I looked there were some 15 users with ID (some bold ones even using real names)  3 Invisible ?? and 31 Guests ???

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Really weird,    I was reading Tony Betts recent post about his trip on the extraterrestrial highway, and he suggested googling 'alien inn' for more information. I did and google search brought up a number of options one of which was austinsevenfriends ? I clicked on this expecting to arrive back at Tony's post. Instead I arrived at 'The Seven Workshop' and no 'Alien  inn' stock!  

Like the others I never sign off. 
My computer throws me off all the time so can be invisible if just taking a quick look.
Andy B
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Does it matter that non Austin Seven people may accidentally or otherwise get onto the forum site and read our threads. After all they are not state secrets. They possibly like my wife refer to us as anoracks but who cares. We all enjoy it and get help and assistance together with the occasional funny story.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
I'm getting a sense of deja vu here - haven't we had this exact conversation before? (Fades to theme from 'Twilight Zone'...)
When your at my age they are all new posts.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.