The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Bowmore last night.

Lagavulin bottle has been empty for a while, I do have a rather nice bottle of Laphroaig thanks to a very generous Forum member though!

Spent 2 weeks anchored at Port Ellen in 2014 while "restocking the stores".

The best road sign in the world is in Port Ellen.

I know that sign well!
Bruce, I never ever would want to find myself in that road position, I just could not make up my mind as to which way to go.
Ruairidh,
You mention Laphroaig. It was on a business trip to Aberdeen when I first came about it. My host said it was 20 minutes to my flight time, just time for a quick one in the Runway bar. He ordered a pint of Tennants 10/6d and a Laphroaig and said he’d have the same. My haste to neck them both , worried that I’d miss my flight only encouraged him to call for refills. Needless to say the flight back to Heathrow seemed very quick.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Never rush an Islay!
Took the front suspension of the ‘29 chummy chassis this weekend.
Not much there when it is just a pile of parts.....

(11-02-2019, 11:43 PM)Derek Sheldon Wrote: Bruce, I never ever would want to find myself in that road position, I just could not make up my mind as to which way to go.

Personally Ardbeg Derek and it's also within walking distance!
I had a moment of weakness in Costco and succumbed to a bottle of Laphroaig 'Lore'. I fear I am now on a slippery slope.
At least it's downhill
Alan Fairless