The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven

.jpg   Weddding car.jpg (Size: 74.78 KB / Downloads: 632) Here's a photo of Sue in my friends RP saloon at our wedding in 1971, I'm just about to get in, so yes you can get a bride with her flowing dress into a Seven David
Surely brides and grooms were much smaller in the 1970s though?
Bride & Groom went to our wedding in my RP. To heck with convention.
Doing church to reception run for my nephew & his bride in November.

"Alice" was used for our wedding (our only car at the time), for the wedding of the bride in the picture's wedding, for the weddings of both my children, and for the couple in the pictures.

So you can get a bride with a large dress into a very small car.

The groom was 6'3" - i had to move the seat back and cut the brake pedal in half.

I wouldn't recommend it though - the Tourer which was used for the brides brother's wedding is MUCH more practical.

Sorry - not got the hang of pictures yet.

Picture 2 should be:

And what have I done today?   Fitted some LED indicators from a lights and bulbs supplier which are very impressive, and I think will make even my rotten driving quite a bit safer.
I have done several weddings in our RN, I take the passenger seat out to give the bride a bit more room. Do wipe the oil off the seat hinge and door catch etc. Had one very interesting bride 'incident' when a bumble bee got stuck in between the layers of her bridal dress. Being a beekeeper, I just put my hand up her dress and released the poor creature before the bride knew what was happening. Probably the same sort of thing happened on her wedding night !!
Another time it was a very hot day in the high 30s. We travelled along with all windows and roof closed so as not to disturb her hair. On reaching the church, we had to fan the bride before she passed out.
Put a very early Ruby on a trailer.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

More "finishing off" on the ex Hong Kong AG. Got the rear lights wired up, did bits of detail wiring tidying & thought I would get the engine ready to start. (it has run!) leads on, sparks in right sort of places, now to put water in the radiator.
Bother! (or similar) a definite steady dribble from 1/3 up the rad. Yes I did check it when it was out of the car, but clearly not well enough! I also realise now that the overflow pipe perhaps should be soldered into the header tank! Mine is just a loose fit so the hole where it goes is the overflow!
Oh well, I will run the engine with the leaky rad to see how it goes & may even put some Barrs Leaks as  a stop-gap (stop up!)...worked on Rally cars!

One hood hinge snapped (it had been brazed in the past...THAT was why the hinges had different threads), which brings me to the hood & screens. I now understand how the screens are oriented (thanks to this forum), but the handbook has comments I don't quite follow:

1. "...push the sidescreens inwards so the rubber buffers fixed near the top of the division of the side screens clear the iron framework of the hood."  RUBBER BUFFERS??? all mine have is a canvas flap!
2. "...secure the two rear window fasteners, on the studs on the back of the body, and secure the hood frame with the
CLIP (?) either side".... Clip?...  What studs on the back of the body? My rear screens have no straps, but they are hinged...Why?
3. "Secure the cover by the straps, one each side, and the two fasteners on the back of the body."...
Two more fasteners? or are they double length LTD's? Quotes from 619c (1929) whose body & fittings are similar (?) I think to the AG.
I haven't tracked down the handbook specific for the AG (1931/2) Short Chassis Tourer. The "Original Austin Seven" book doesn't even acknowledge their existence...going from AF to AH!

Are there LTD studs on the inside of the front doors for its sidescreen  strap? Also when it is folded forward - where is the stud? again on the door, but outside ?
The body is in essence a steel "Chummy"
David
Having used the RP saloon as my daily driver for a week, during which time it has (so far) behaved itself impeccably, I took it down to Bala for a shopping trip. (See also my post under the thread 'Phew')

The town is only two miles from home, so, the motoring dog and I came home the long way round the lake.

Got home, and the car, like all babies, was bathed and put to bed.

Attached Files
.jpg   S012I001.JPG (Size: 105.3 KB / Downloads: 302)
.jpg   S012I002.JPG (Size: 94.93 KB / Downloads: 301)
.jpg   S012I003.JPG (Size: 111.25 KB / Downloads: 301)
.jpg   S012I004.JPG (Size: 144.56 KB / Downloads: 302)
I drove mine for the first time. Almost 8 years since starting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...cTy-IJKb4g

Tuning is off but it's close.

Simon
Nice one Simon!