The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Having sorted out the carburettor problem, I went over to Blaenau Ffestiniog for a meeting  then on to Maentwrog for a drink with friends and home. Covered about 50 miles Went to Blaenau over the moors and came back in the dark on the A470 and A 4212. The little car went like a watch! (Well, actually like an industrial sewing machine with undertones of a tin tray down stone steps, but I am sure you all know what I mean.)

Photo taken on the way there.

Attached Files
.jpg   S00AI001.JPG (Size: 82.27 KB / Downloads: 758)
Nicely done.
A full days motoring from East to West coast, almost all on back roads, some of them gravel, great fun!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Black Art Enthusiast
Ian,

I hope you and your passenger were wearing waterproofs!
If I did the east coast to west coast it'll  take about 20 minutes.
At the minimum in  Auckland the separation between inlets from Pacific ocean and Tasman sea is about 3 km in two places. In a straight line the open coasts are about 25 km minimum, with many considerably longer and interesting variants.
If you ever brought your car out Bob, you would discover we find some fascinating convoluted routes, avoiding main roads and often with plenty of gravel....pure seven heaven. This one for us was from Dairy flat in the East to Whatipu in the West and then back again, morning tea, lunch, Huia Museum, walk on the black sand of Whatipu beach and back home just before dark, we were only held up by moderns in the way once or twice! Smile
Black Art Enthusiast
Done something today I've always wanted to, a hour and a half drive to Silverstone to take part in the VSCC Auto solo. Thoroughly enjoyed it, got a clean sheet too. Car purred there and back 90 miles.
Hi Ian 
Not exactly in keeping with the heading but I was transferred from Dunedin to Auckland in 1969. A month after I arrived I learned a colleague was in town on a course. I invited him to join me exploring. He was a bit surprised when 700 road miles away, I turned up in the same toy car I had in Dunedin. We hammered along the motorway and drove out to the coast on the route photographed. The road was very narrow, single lane in parts, the corners very blind, and the bedrock protruded several inches. I gather my colleague was pleased to get back home to his powerful, smooth, quiet A30!

For anyone curious the photo is looking south across the entrance to the southernmost of the two large harbours which Auckland occupies.
After struggling with a hot crank bearing on my traction engine yesterday, I'm hoping for none of the same today with the grey saloon. Venturing into Staffordshire for a picnic today.

[Image: 008_1748.jpg]

I do like it that when my daughter jumps on the bed on a sunday morning and we tell her we are going galavanting in an Austin, that she can specify which one. She has it sussed too. She chose to wear out one of mine rather than hers!. 

I might even give it a wash when we get home.

[Image: 008_1747.jpg]