The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven

5619 is a little older than the older than the Crab, built Swindon 1924.
    There is something about sign written number plates that looks good Hedd. I didn't add that I was firing the crab 4 years ago I'm the white haired gent taking a breather.
Much to my surprise I successfully changed oil and greased the Chummy, RN and APD, today. Why surprised? The arthritis and winter has left me barely able to manage a knife and fork. Maybe the better weather really is on the way. 

Curiously I needed different scanners for each of the three sump plugs. One was metric or Yankee a non standard foreigner no doubt. 

Well happy anyway. 

Roly.
1931 RN, 1933 APD
    Saturday, went out in the RN on an 80 mile jog around the hilly lanes just south of the Dordogne region of France.  Lots of second gear for both ascent and decent.  Nice picnic looking over the valley of the Cere river (Tributary of the Dordogne).

BobH
Now that the bits for the ancient Polo have arrived, yesterday I greased and oiled all the bits that that should be greased and oiled, checked all the levels, washed and waxed it and generally got it ready for being used as my 'daily for the next few days.

Yes Roland, I fully sympathise with you. I have arthritis, fortunately confined to my hands and wrists but it does make working on cars somewhat tiresome.

Went out last night, found a quiet straight lane and set the headlamps to point in approximately the right direction.

Pictures of clean car!

Attached Files
.jpg   S002I002.JPG (Size: 145.05 KB / Downloads: 474)
.jpg   S002I001.JPG (Size: 143.61 KB / Downloads: 473)
.jpg   S002I003.JPG (Size: 119.47 KB / Downloads: 471)
Photo 
I have had this in the loft since I inherited it from my grandparents in the early eighties: it never worked. Today, I finally managed to get it to run, although it gains considerably. All I need to do now is to build the car in which to fit it.

Jamie.

Update: spoke too soon. The blessed thing has stopped again and will not restart.
Nothing. Sitting in Haneda airport waiting for my flight to get 'maintenance'... Still where aeroplanes are concerned I always think roadside jobs are better avoided...  Big Grin
Having spent the morning writing letters and needing to post them, I went down to Bala and then as it was such a nice afternoon, went  for a trundle around the Arenig mountains.

(Awful quality photos courtesy of the primitive Kodak DC20 camera)

Attached Files
.jpg   S003I001.JPG (Size: 112.67 KB / Downloads: 277)
.jpg   S003I002.JPG (Size: 137.2 KB / Downloads: 275)
]Drove the Austin Ambulance to an emergency call for attention to a Clyno. Went by Ruby partly because it was a delightful spring day, and partly because like I suspect almost everyone else, the vital complement of Whitworth spanners, copper head mallet, feeler gauges, various levers  and a wide  range of other vital tools are kept on board.  Nothing wrong with the Clyno that a re-bore and other work on a chewed up block won't put right, so it won't be in the car park of the Metropole in Llandod this weekend.

[attachment=5835

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Spent the day stripping an RN body I acquired yesterday, it had stood outside under a plastic sheet for 40 years. Whilst the body is a bit desperate, the wings and doors just want stripping and repainting.