The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
          Today I machined up and screwcut a new gland nut and lock nut for an early shimmed back axle.
Lovely!
Yep  Smile Wink
Alan Fairless
As there are at least five Austin 7s locally we decided to have breakfast together once a month. Here is a picture of the three cars that could make it. There is a Holden bodied roadster behind those blokes standing in the middle of the road!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Cheers

Mark
Has anyone spotted any anomalies with the photograph ??
ice cream and woolly hats?
The flange and gland nuts above Mark's post Jon.
Recent experience with tanalised wood cast doubt on its predicted life.  We had to replace 35 year old field fence posts, some still in good condition, and were warned that the chemicals used then were no longer legal and the replacement posts might not last more than 5 - 10 years.  Some lasted just 2 years so we are waiting with apprehension to see how the replacements from a different  supplier last.  He confirmed that today's treatment is not so effective.
Hi Robert

That’s from a screw in torque tube.... No shims required Smile.

Cheers

Howard

PS woolly hats and ice cream... one of the pleasures of temperate climes!

Oooops

Earlier axles had shims and bearing tensioners.

So no anomaly there.

Cheers

Howard
(26-10-2018, 06:08 PM)Dave Mann Wrote: Thanks Ruairidh, I like the soft touch however, I think my present pack is "XL Black Rhino Nitrile" we are the best I've tried yet.
A superb job.