The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Took the Cup for a spin to the nearby beach( 5mins away) and the picturesque village of St Abbs, 10 mins away!

Plus secured trailer parking at a local farm

, now off for a coastal walk to the beach Hut.

Regards

Bill G

Ps still to fix puncture on spare tyre, brake light and re-solder petrol tank again!

.jpeg   8F362E07-DD69-415A-9F8D-81A0D6C90302.jpeg (Size: 47.31 KB / Downloads: 323)
.jpeg   C53A9D20-43E7-4146-9827-2B32CEFB0DCE.jpeg (Size: 147.77 KB / Downloads: 323)
.jpeg   163BFE20-B7C8-4D81-99F0-BB370E44A6AA.jpeg (Size: 73.17 KB / Downloads: 323)
.jpeg   5C87A8A1-83C8-4905-894B-23D8AA692CA5.jpeg (Size: 129.53 KB / Downloads: 323)
.jpeg   571B0274-8D5E-4865-81E9-BC3ADA9DD4DE.jpeg (Size: 115.17 KB / Downloads: 323)
.jpeg   1167483E-1A0E-4196-AC69-2657FE022740.jpeg (Size: 109.86 KB / Downloads: 323)
.jpeg   DBFCCF77-217C-4FF8-9DDC-45F6B7DA6E2D.jpeg (Size: 128.06 KB / Downloads: 321)
.jpeg   75C52D46-290E-4107-B7F6-A678F9AB0146.jpeg (Size: 54.87 KB / Downloads: 322)
Based near the Scottish Border,
Hi All

It was the Llandrindod Wells Classic Car Show yesterday not 300 yds from our house.  Three South Wales A7s came up from Porthcawl and Swansea.
We had a "very" short drive around the town as part of a procession and (photo especially for Duncan!!) we followed the "Three wheel" Austin Seven (The Haywood Special) put together at the Automobile Palace in the town in 1938 to compete in the International 6 days motorcycle trial (page 491 in The source Book).
We had a BBQ at ours last night.
This morning we had coffee by the lake and a short (14 mile) drive over Castle Bank to the aptly named Seven Stars in Aberedw. 

Great weekend, good company and gorgeous weather.

Cheers

Howard

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Howard,

Looks like you had a great weekend.

I see you had selected the air conditioning option
On the front windscreen, pretty hot here too .

Regards

Bill G
Aka AllAlloyCup
Based near the Scottish Border,
I rather like the look of that trike, must look for more pics.
I was supposed to attacking the springs today but I decided it was too hot to contemplate.
Hi Bill and Duncan

Bill I envy your seaside trip.  We're a 45 miles from the coast here!

Sorry Duncan I should have taken more static pics.

The trike isn't really. It has two wheels very close together at the back just satisfying the motorcycle entry rules.  It used to run with a fixed Austin diff between the wheels but I think its been released for road use. The front axle is widened by 10" and is independent having a hinge in the middle.  Its a real mixture, a modified 34 chassis and engine but much of the bodywork harks back to a chummy.  For example the rad cowl, bonnet and even the bulkhead are all chummy but the tank is mounted at the rear. It lives in Surrey and is brought over to its birthplace most years for the show.

As an aside.  It was built by the owner and associates at the "Automobile Palace" in Llandrindod.  They were the main agents for Austin in the thirties through to the fifties.  Most, if not all Sevens would have come here to Llandrindod before being shipped out to all parts of Wales.  The owner of the Automobile Place, a certain Tom Norton, was a real character, trying to establish an airport in the twenties and building the first steel framed building in Wales (The Automobile Palace).  A relative of ours records meeting him on his "ordinary bicycle (Penny Farthing) on a regular trip he made to Aberystwyth some 45 miles away! 

Cheers

Howard
I can't believe the weather you're all getting. I must protest to the EU about it!

Simple snap from the Much Marcle Serendipity gathering today. Howard's contributions show perhaps one reason for not many Sevens this year, maybe some people had gone to Llandod. Another reason for low turnout of every marque could have been unpleasantly high temperatures. Fuel vaporisation was much discussed, possible by product of modern fuel, whether an ali heat shield was helpful or had no effect whatsoever, no consensus on such matters. I'm glad that the Seven Stars has re-opened. Sitting indoors at the keyboard on a sunny evening might seem a bit silly, but it is still too hot to venture out into the garden!
(19-08-2019, 08:35 AM)Dave Wortley Wrote: Hello Tony, It’s 4.9. Would be as fast as old PL3002 now!
Cheers,
Dave.

Thanks Dave. It certainly both pulls well and revs. Had a run this afternoon in 29C heat and no sign of misfiring; one more test might confirm the cure - I hope!
As much as the cars, I find the photos of English town and country of considerable interest. On a brief vist to England a few years ago I was much taken by the brick and masonry buildings (in particular St Pancras station). Ornate brick buildings such as that a few photos back were never very common here and now all have either tumbled or been pulled down to preempt. it is intriguing  how England retains so much from 100 and more years ago.
And it is becoming difficult here to find meandering back roads. Most have been widened and straightend to take 40 ton milk tankers.
Bob - are you familiar with the Cathedral in Albi, France?