The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
(21-04-2024, 06:16 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: As Ian and Jen are travelling back to Bristol today - we drove out yesterday.  Ian has never been in the Coupe before and his mobility is such that I was not sure he ever would.

However, after a bit of "out of box" thinking, my trusty hydraulic trolly was able to lower him up and down to the perfect height for sliding in and out after which we did not spare the horses - hot car for a sunny day, but still great fun.

Hi Ruaridh 

Best wishes to your mum and dad.  It is so good to see the Highland Coupe out and about.  As it is with all the others that have posted.

Cheers

Howard
Thank you, Howard.

As today was drive it day it seemed a good idea to take the car out.
I went with a friend  to a very good village hub at Humbie, about half way to Edinburgh.
The car was going well but the long haul over Soutra Brae made it start to run erratically. We made it there, staggering somewhat and went in for a coffee.
I then went to check over the car while my companion investigated the shop.
After cleaning the jets the car seemed OK.
On leaving however it set off fine but then started to stumble again. More jet cleaning with no improvement.
After a lot of fiddling about it continued the same. Started OK and ran well then problem returned.
I decided the problem was dirt in the jet tube.
The Zenith updraught main jet is a long tube with the jet orifice at the top. It is difficult to get dirt out of the tube and then once flow starts the dirt is carried back up to the jet.
In the end I took a mouthful of water and blew it down through the jet hoping it would carry any dirt out of the tube.
On reassembly the car was running properly.
Having taken my friend home I then set off for Melrose.
Just after passing Morrisons shop and petrol station I ran out of petrol. Because this was the main A68 I ran the car half onto the kerb and added the gallon I always carry.
Because aof the angle at which the car was sitting the gallon wasn't enough to reach the petrol outlet so I walked the 50yds to Morrisons for a second gallon.
All was then well And I made it home.
An interesting and eventful outing.
The car is in regular use and this misbehaviour is not normal.
We need a reconditioned tank!
Jim
Car and companion looks splendid, Jim. Please pass on our regards.

I have your Norway email…
Hi Howard, yes it was a great day out, good weather, good company. And no breakdowns. S&P
Thanks Ruairidh. We had a good day out.
Jim
Lovely and the car looks good too  Smile