The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banned
(23-10-2018, 11:15 AM)John Raeburn Wrote:
(23-10-2018, 10:32 AM)Ian McGowan Wrote: I didn't actually see the "personal and vitriolic" attack as it had been pulled before I got there but, whilst never condoning such an occurrence on Friends Forum, I do feel that banning a valued contributor is a very serious step and feel that it should only be taken after a couple of "yellow cards" have been publicly given.
      I would like to see the errant poster reinstated after a public apology to the Forum and an undertaking to, in future, keep such views/exchanges confined to personal messaging.
      If the individual isn't prepared to meet those conditions the ban would stand.

Just my view.

Hear hear.
J
Amen Dodgy
I wasn't involved in the decision, but as far as i can see this is a 1 week ban, and I'm sure the decision would still not have been taken lightly.
I like many others did not see the post however I would like to know what the thread was about and why it should make somebody so wound up to post something so awful to get them band. I don't want names etc if this forum member is a regular contributor it will become obvious who they are with the lack of their posts.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
(23-10-2018, 11:39 AM)Timothy P Wrote: I wasn't involved in the decision, but as far as i can see this is a 1 week ban, and the decision would still not have been taken lightly.

Thanks Timothy.
Re my previous post I have just read David Cochranes post and I now realise what the string is all bout.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
(23-10-2018, 11:55 AM)John Mason Wrote: Re my previous post I have just read David Cochranes post and I now realise what the string is all bout.

John Mason

Oh drat, and I have just deleted it (as warned) because I realised that I had posted in the wrong place. Apologies for the confusion (I had posted in the electronic distributors thread to ask what was happening).
How infuriating to arrive just as the dust has settled!

However, I can probably survive without knowing the cause of the explosion but agree that forums (forae?) like this are inappropriate media for personal attacks.
This area should be sacrosanct and respected as such.
The plural of forum is fora. (From a generation who did Latin at school)
Alan Fairless
I only did Latin for one year, Alan. That year's school report said:

'Stephen likes Latin, regretfully, Latin does not like him. 13%'

That was the end of me and Latin!!

Steve (in an attempt to lighten the mood).
I’ve got an o level in it. Metalwork would have been more use
Alan Fairless