The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banned
With no desire to rekindle fires already damped down I feel that it's a very unfortunate series of events that sees a contributor banned especially one who's posts I have valued over many years.

I'd like to believe that there is a way back from this episode. The world is a small place, although as the joke goes,  I wouldn't want to paint it.

Charles
As a newcomer to the Forum and to Sevens
I value the contributions of everyone and
Especially folk in far flung places , like NZ and Bearsden.

I’ve only upset a few folk here but that was a typo.

Kind regards to All contributors.

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
Have I missed something?
Alan Fairless
You are not the only one Alan.
Last night a thread was created by someone making a personal (and very vitriolic) attack on another forum member. I did ask Admin not to remove the thread so the majority of members could see what it was about. However Admin not only pulled the thread before you could see it but also banned the originator. Shame that it has come to this but I don't disagree with their decision.

Some people are their own worst enemy.
I saw the post before it was removed. It was so horrible that it couldn't possibly be left. I endorse Reckless' comments.

Ian
I didn't actually see the "personal and vitriolic" attack as it had been pulled before I got there but, whilst never condoning such an occurrence on Friends Forum, I do feel that banning a valued contributor is a very serious step and feel that it should only be taken after a couple of "yellow cards" have been publicly given.
      I would like to see the errant poster reinstated after a public apology to the Forum and an undertaking to, in future, keep such views/exchanges confined to personal messaging.
      If the individual isn't prepared to meet those conditions the ban would stand.

Just my view.
I took a copy of the original post as I suspected the originator might delete it, which apparently was the case. I won't publish it on here but anyone can contact me by email or pm if they are curious.
I saw the post and it was an extraordinary attack on a person whom I always found to be knowledgeable, gentle and helpful. I felt the post couldn't be left up and all members need to be careful with their comments.
(23-10-2018, 10:32 AM)Ian McGowan Wrote: I didn't actually see the "personal and vitriolic" attack as it had been pulled before I got there but, whilst never condoning such an occurrence on Friends Forum, I do feel that banning a valued contributor is a very serious step and feel that it should only be taken after a couple of "yellow cards" have been publicly given.
      I would like to see the errant poster reinstated after a public apology to the Forum and an undertaking to, in future, keep such views/exchanges confined to personal messaging.
      If the individual isn't prepared to meet those conditions the ban would stand.

Just my view.

Hear hear.
J