The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beaulieu 2017
Included in the junk, oh, sorry rare desirable items at bargain prices we took to Beaulieu this year was some Ruby window glass, a full set minus one of the door glasses that we could not find, it sat at the front of the stall and attracted no interest what so ever. Having had a good Saturday for both buying and selling and with the weather looking bad for Sunday we decided to pack up early and move the van of the show ground before 8 o clock and have a wander around till about 10.30 then go home, not wanting to bring the glass home we gave it away, it was at this point we realised the other door glass was missing, yes it had been stolen from the stall! No great loss to us as we did not want it but there was no way we were going to bin it when it could help someone out. Well Mr or Mrs thief had you made the effort to enquire about the glass we could of probably persuaded you to take the lot for free.
hi phil.

hope you enjoyed the weekend, other that the sticky fingered idiot. good to see you there. as well as the other forum faces that were recognised.

also good to see some scottish club members. it shows it can be worth travelling to hunt those bargains out.

not noticed anything missing yet. so hopefully the stick fingered out there missed us this year, maybe because beaulieu left us out of the stall holders list. Huh

the place felt like there were plenty of people, and a good buzz. even on the wet sunday.

i did notice, maybe because of the rise in stall prices. that many people down sized this year. and those pitched look to be filled by more forign sellers or buyers?

good or bad thing, not sure.

tony
Phil. you talk of glass to sticky fingers, I also was victim to the phantom snatcher, even down to a brass carb. float, how petty is that ?
(04-09-2017, 10:18 AM)Phil Kingdom Wrote: Included in the junk, oh, sorry rare desirable items at bargain prices we took to Beaulieu this year was some  Ruby window glass, a full set minus one of the door glasses that we could not find, it sat at the front of the stall and attracted no interest what so ever. Having had a good Saturday for both buying and selling and with the weather looking bad for Sunday we decided to pack up early and move the van of the show ground before 8 o clock and have a wander around till about 10.30 then go home, not wanting to bring the glass home we gave it away, it was at this point we realised the other door glass was missing, yes it had been stolen from the stall! No great loss to us as we did not want it but there was no way we were going to bin it when it could help someone out.  Well Mr or Mrs thief had you made the effort to enquire about the glass we could of probably persuaded you to take  the lot for free.

Good afternoon all.
Shame that a petty criminal should spoil the event for someone, I felt that the event had much of its old 'buzz' with camaraderie amongst the traders very evident. I was particularly grateful to Jon Milne of this parish who transported my youngest son and five very heavy wheels to the furthest extremity of Red field in his estate car.
Oddly most of my enquiries were from non A7 folk but many I couldn't answer due to my inability to speak any language other than English (and many would argue that I'm not particulary proficient in that).
Regards from the creative county - Staffordshire.
Stuart
Thoroughly enjoyed Sunday though the weather didn't play nice. Hope all you traders didn't have too horrible a job packing up. I bought a few bits, including a 26VA carb body and got it home to find it has no jets or needle valve and the union thread is shot. I know, Caveat Emptor :-(

Great to see more A7 chums about this time round.

I'd also like to heap praise on Martrim who very kindly took back some headlining I bought in error at Spring Beaulieu and replaced it with the correct material at no extra charge. They could have said 'sorry chum' but they didn't. Excellent customer service. Thanks guys.
(04-09-2017, 05:56 PM)Nick Salmon Wrote: Thoroughly enjoyed Sunday though the weather didn't play nice. Hope all you traders didn't have too horrible a job packing up. I bought a few bits, including a 26VA carb body and got it home to find it has no jets or needle valve and the union thread is shot. I know, Caveat Emptor :-(

I'd also like to heap praise on Martrim who very kindly took back some headlining I bought in error at Spring Beaulieu and replaced it with the correct material at no extra charge. They could have said 'sorry chum' but they didn't. Excellent customer service. Thanks guys.

Hello Nick, if you bought it from me I'll happily replace it or if you are stuck for a good one send me an email.
Regards etc
Stuart
(04-09-2017, 06:01 PM)Stuart Joseph Wrote:
(04-09-2017, 05:56 PM)Nick Salmon Wrote: Thoroughly enjoyed Sunday though the weather didn't play nice. Hope all you traders didn't have too horrible a job packing up. I bought a few bits, including a 26VA carb body and got it home to find it has no jets or needle valve and the union thread is shot. I know, Caveat Emptor :-(

Hello Nick, if you bought it from me I'll happily replace it or if you are stuck for a good one send me an email.
Regards etc
Stuart
Stuart, that's very kind of you but no, it wasn't you. I don't know who the trader is though he is a regular and I really don't think he deliberately stiffed me.
Nick, same as stuart. I don't mind changing parts if they went out wrong.

Although I don't think I sold the 26 VA I took.

If it's just the main body, and you need a good one. I have a lot of part carbs.

Can sort a cheap one for you, could take the bitter tast off the damaged one you bought.

Tony.
Kind of you Stuart, kind of you Tony. Thanks to both of you. Really, it wasn't a whinge that I made a duff purchase. Just relating the ups and downs of the day. It was my own own mistake and I take the rough with the smooth. In a perverse sort of way it's part of the fun - unless it is a really expensive mistake!
It was very international this year, there certainly were plenty of different languages spoken at our stall, we sold stuff to Germans, Portuguese, Australians, Americans, Dutch, French and even a chap from Singapore who was in his mid 60s and told us he rode his Triumph motorcycle all the way from Singapore, I suppose it was down to the extra low price of the pound against the euro.
The atmosphere seemed very relaxed this year, we certainly had some fun with some of our customers, we told two German ladies who were buying old spark plugs the could have a free packet of crisps if they bought four or more, they did and they left with the crisps. We also had a bit of excitement in the yellow field on Saturday night, we had just sat down for some food and Eddy noticed a very large branch that was just hanging in the tree, all the leaves were brown so it must have been like that for some time, as it  was directly above one of the stalls Eddy reported it to the girls on the stall, they told security, tree surgeons arrived in the dark rigged up their ropes it only took them three saw strokes to cut though what was left of the broken branch! Ray went with Eddy to buy a pair of cycle wings from the girls on Sunday morning and they were so grateful for pointing out the branch they gave Ray a 50% discount.