The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vacuum wiper rebuild
Hi All

I'm just about to rebuild the Lucas Type 30 vacuum wiper motor on my RK.  I've thoroughly cleaned it made sure the mechanism works well and have new leather seals ready soaking in oil.

My question is regard the narrow pipes that supply vacuum to the ends of the cylinders.  They don't seem to be a very tight fit into the body of the motor and I am sure they will leak quite a bit of air. Do they need some form of seal? I was thinking of trying to syringe some form of sealant around the junctions.  Any views on whether this is necessary and what sealant to use?

Cheers

Howard
I thought that with the last one I rebuilt recently and put a small amount of hydraulic pipe sealant on the ends of the pipes and pushed them home.
(17-10-2018, 09:09 PM)Dave Mann Wrote: I thought that with the last one I rebuilt recently and put a small amount of hydraulic pipe sealant on the ends of the pipes and pushed them home.

Thanks Dave

That is what I will do once I've rigged up the wife's vacuum cleaner as a test engine  Big Grin .

Howard
(18-10-2018, 01:50 PM)Howard Wright Wrote:
(17-10-2018, 09:09 PM)Dave Mann Wrote: I thought that with the last one I rebuilt recently and put a small amount of hydraulic pipe sealant on the ends of the pipes and pushed them home.

Thanks Dave

That is what I will do once I've rigged up the wife's vacuum cleaner as a test engine  Big Grin .

Howard
Pop into your local home brew shop and get one of these

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)