The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owning a 7?
Thanks again to everyone for the words of wisdom. I've had MG TC's/MGA/Morgan/ a three wheeler JZR and virtually every type of Landy and Willys Jeep so am used to the cold... 

As I'm now 65 and retired I'm selling my old BMW 80GS and just fancied 4 wheels for a change as a hobby and for fun, not afraid of tinkering and as I said I'll see what the "Ulster Style" 7 is like and take some pics for comment later this year and then decide. From what I've heard so far from everyone though is very encouraging so thanks again.
Nick
Hi All,

I haven't seen the car yet but received some old pictures of it taken about 5 years ago, No Reg/Vin details as yet until I see it but does anyone have any thoughts on what it is exactly or is it a "bish/bash/bosh" of someones dream Austin 7 car?

I have removed a persons face     incase you are wondering what the white is!

Nick

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The body looks to be a Paxton Special, see: https://www.google.com/search?client=fir...N8xTVHEBwo

(28-10-2018, 11:00 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: The body looks to be a Paxton Special, see: https://www.google.com/search?client=fir...N8xTVHEBwo

Certainly looks like one, I used to pass by the Paxton "factory" regularly as there was a chrome platers more or less on the doorstep in the Gipsy Hill area of "Sarf" London back then. The car looks to have hydraulic brakes too, which will certainly help it stop if they're properly set up.
I hate to pull somebody up over there spelling but Stuart "Sarf London has three F's like Sarfff London.??

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
(28-10-2018, 02:53 PM)John Mason Wrote: I hate to pull somebody up over there spelling but Stuart "Sarf London has three F's like Sarfff London.??

John Mason

"...there spelling..." in this context is a crime against language.

Charles
(28-10-2018, 05:24 PM)Charles P Wrote:
(28-10-2018, 02:53 PM)John Mason Wrote: I hate to pull somebody up over there spelling but Stuart "Sarf London has three F's like Sarfff London.??

John Mason

"...there spelling..." in this context is a crime against language.

Charles

Their should be a spell chequer on this sight eye think.
(28-10-2018, 11:00 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: The body looks to be a Paxton Special, see: https://www.google.com/search?client=fir...N8xTVHEBwo

There should be a small plate on the bulkhead with Colin Westwood and car number. My Paxton is number 9

There now,

Charles